The Riddle of the Ghost Ship

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Ghost ship's chilling SOS call before entire crew found dead with faces ‘frozen in fear’ in greatest ever maritime mystery

IT is one of the greatest maritime mysteries - a ship's entire crew found dead with their faces frozen in fear after a spooky SOS call.

And a secret CIA memo reveals the agency believed the doomed SS Ourang Medan could hold the key to a series of other mysterious disappearances in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes.

Malacca - the same area where Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 disappeared in 2014.

The crew of a nearby ship, the Silver Star, heard a Morse code SOS from a signaller on board SS Ourang Medan.

It said: "All officers including the captain are dead, lying in chartroom and bridge. Possibly whole crew dead … I die."

When sailors found the doomed ship they were reportedly greeted with a nightmare vision.

The entire ship was littered with corpses, all with bulging eyes and terrified expressions on their faces.

Their mouths were wide open as if in the middle of screaming and their arms were outstretched as if reaching for something.

But to make the finding even more bizarre, the crew appeared to show no signs of any injuries that could have caused their deaths.

FROZEN IN FEAR
The rescuers planned to tow the ship to port but a fire broke out, followed by an explosion and it sank without trace.

The final twist in this fishy ghost story is that to this day nobody has found any trace of the ill-fated vessel.

Some question if the SS Ourang Medan existed at all as there is no mention in the Lloyds List of shipping, and there were no records on the Silver Star detailing the attempted rescue.

The coast guard didn't report it until may 1954, six years after the vessel sank.

Conspiracy theorists believe several countries worked together to cover it up.

Some suggest noxious gas bubbled up from fissures in the seabed and engulfed the boat, while others blamed the supernatural.

And an eyebrow-raising top secret CIA document, which wasn’t released to the public until 2013, pondered whether it may have involved “something from the unknown”.

It was penned by C.H. Marck Jr, assistant to the Director of the CIA Allen Dulles, in 1959 and addressed to an unknown recipient.

Full story at site

Ghost ship's chilling SOS call before entire crew found dead with faces ‘frozen in fear’ in greatest ever maritime mystery

IT is one of the greatest maritime mysteries - a ship's entire crew found dead with their faces frozen in fear after a spooky SOS call.

And a secret CIA memo reveals the agency believed the doomed SS Ourang Medan could hold the key to a series of other mysterious disappearances in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes.

Malacca - the same area where Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 disappeared in 2014.

The crew of a nearby ship, the Silver Star, heard a Morse code SOS from a signaller on board SS Ourang Medan.

It said: "All officers including the captain are dead, lying in chartroom and bridge. Possibly whole crew dead … I die."

When sailors found the doomed ship they were reportedly greeted with a nightmare vision.

The entire ship was littered with corpses, all with bulging eyes and terrified expressions on their faces.

Their mouths were wide open as if in the middle of screaming and their arms were outstretched as if reaching for something.

But to make the finding even more bizarre, the crew appeared to show no signs of any injuries that could have caused their deaths.

FROZEN IN FEAR
The rescuers planned to tow the ship to port but a fire broke out, followed by an explosion and it sank without trace.

The final twist in this fishy ghost story is that to this day nobody has found any trace of the ill-fated vessel.

Some question if the SS Ourang Medan existed at all as there is no mention in the Lloyds List of shipping, and there were no records on the Silver Star detailing the attempted rescue.

The coast guard didn't report it until may 1954, six years after the vessel sank.

Conspiracy theorists believe several countries worked together to cover it up.

Some suggest noxious gas bubbled up from fissures in the seabed and engulfed the boat, while others blamed the supernatural.

And an eyebrow-raising top secret CIA document, which wasn’t released to the public until 2013, pondered whether it may have involved “something from the unknown”.

It was penned by C.H. Marck Jr, assistant to the Director of the CIA Allen Dulles, in 1959 and addressed to an unknown recipient.

Full story at site
This is one of those stories that comes around every once in awhile. I'm not quite sure how they, or what they are trying to do.

This is one of those stories that comes around every once in awhile. I'm not quite sure how they, or what they are trying to do.
The interesting part is the CIA report...IF it is real.

Reactions: Mokey
I didn't see where this story came from. But I'd like to know this info about the secret memo. Not such a secret, why call it that now lol

The interesting part is the CIA report...IF it is real.

I've looked into this before, it's apparently just a sea story, nothing else. The Ourang Medan never existed, at least under that name, nor was it ever listed with Lloyd's Register.

I've looked into this before, it's apparently just a sea story, nothing else. The Ourang Medan never existed, at least under that name, nor was it ever listed with Lloyd's Register.
They do mention that in the article. I think the ideea here is why was there CIA memo on it? And that is why I asked, was there a CIA memo???

They do mention that in the article. I think the ideea here is why was there CIA memo on it? And that is why I asked, was there a CIA memo???

That might be just part of the story to make it sound credible. Besides, when I first heard the story, it was supposed to have been private correspondence between someone in the CIA and another individual. Sounded to me like whoever introduced that nugget was trying to get ahead of the "nothing in CIA records in response to FIOA requests" that would inevitably come up.

Reactions: Mokey and Debi