The "Rally" Before Death

I have seen this happen many times. Also the "visitations" are quite normal and happen often.
Both happened with my Mom. The visitation occurring on her rally before she slipped into total nonresponsiveness. She died two days later. She said to Mrs Duke, "Is that your Dad? Yes, it is." My wife's Dad died three days before I was to have met him, four years before my Mom's death.

a lot of hospice locations give out a booklet that details the dying experience in depth. this is one of the stages it covers. interesting read.
I think I've mentioned this before, but my senior year in college I took a course called "Of Death and Dying." It was based on the teachings of Elisabeth Kübler-Ross. I took it because I needed a "free elective" and (primarily) because it was being offered by and taught in the College of Nursing. So I took the course to meet girls, but now forty-plus years later I can honestly say what I learned in that class helped me better deal with the losses of my parents, brother, and close friends.

I think I've mentioned this before, but my senior year in college I took a course called "Of Death and Dying." It was based on the teachings of Elisabeth Kübler-Ross. I took it because I needed a "free elective" and (primarily) because it was being offered by and taught in the College of Nursing. So I took the course to meet girls, but now forty-plus years later I can honestly say what I learned in that class helped me better deal with the losses of my parents, brother, and close friends.
I did something kind of similar, and for the same reason,( but just to meet one girl...lol,) and now 35'ish years later i can say it only scared the crap out of me as far as that girl was concerned.

I saw the "rally" when I worked in a nursing home, many times. I also saw it with my cat, Avalon; she actually raced up a staircase and got really frisky, before she rapidly became much worse.

I did something kind of similar, and for the same reason,( but just to meet one girl...lol,) and now 35'ish years later i can say it only scared the crap out of me as far as that girl was concerned.
*lol* I had no better luck with my ulterior motive. This was a night class and the vast majority of the nurses taking it were "old women," mid thirties or older. A large number of them were also nuns. Not the target rich environment I had anticipated.

• Haha
Reactions: Paulm
A large number of them were also nuns.
hahahaha...that is hilarious... but you definitely get an "A" for effort and confidence...lol
(tempting nuns has to be a few years of karma to work through....lololol)

My young bro was only 23 when he passed over, he was a tall, lanky guy 6 feet 5 and a real loose and clowny type. He visited me shortly before death and he had grown up, filled out and looked a mountain of a man despite me seeing him a week earlier not like that. He was still joking but just looked completely different. He didn't know he was about to pass so I think this is more than biological. Also my nan who was a very good lady but also a very tough SP bookie was a total disbeliever and would lovingly mock my experiences until shortly before passing was visited by her late husband, my grandpa. She admitted with love in her eyes that maybe there was something to my stories. I just nodded.

My grandma who died from too much blood thinner, came to and talked to the nurse. The nurse called to tell us this happened and that it should have been impossible. The consistency of her blood was not conducive to even being alive. We had just left the hospital to have dinner and she passed before we could return.

• Sad
Reactions: ozentity and Duke