The Public Eye

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever done Karaoke?
Spoken in public?
Been interviewed on TV?
How about called in to a radio or podcast?

How did you do? Were you nervous or at ease? Enjoy the experience or want to throw up?
How do you do when you are in the public eye?

:eyes:

Never spoken in public like that. I think once my picture was in the newspaper back in elementary school. A guy i worked with and i were discussing starting some type of podcast, though never happened. Still thinking about it, though it's already saturated with enough gabbers.

Never spoken in public like that. I think once my picture was in the newspaper back in elementary school. A guy i worked with and i were discussing starting some type of podcast, though never happened. Still thinking about it, though it's already saturated with enough gabbers.
If you have a new angle on it, go for it! Chuck does one (GW) so you can ask him about equipment. Doesn't take much. My Florida son did a fishing podcast for several years. Interviewed some big guys in Florida. Also did a youtube show on Florida fishing. He's a natural gabber. It's been on hold since Covid.

If you have a new angle on it, go for it! Chuck does one (GW) so you can ask him about equipment. Doesn't take much. My Florida son did a fishing podcast for several years. Interviewed some big guys in Florida. Also did a youtube show on Florida fishing. He's a natural gabber. It's been on hold since Covid.
Yeah that's the thing. Need something original to grab attention. Don't need anymore rinse and repeats.

I was on my high school debate team and in a theatre group, so not a stranger to being on stage. It doesn’t bother me. It’s fun to call into a radio show too. I can laugh at myself so I don’t worry too much.

I've done Karaoke numerous times. It got weird a few times when people around me kept giving me requests by putting my name on the list along with a song they wanted to hear. Getting up in front of people like that hoping that whoever put my name in at least picked a song I knew. However it was pretty fun. Through some odd twist of fate I'm a fairly introverted person who somehow has absolutely no issues with public speaking. I was a thespian in high-school, doing plays and musicals. And I once even did a 10 minute set of stand up comedy.

ive spoken in public, instructed a few courses, entered a few exhibits, was the focus of a magazine article once, etc... karaoke once or twice, but that was just from being too drunk, and im sure wasnt to pretty.....lol, never had a problem talking to people or starting a conversation. not too hindered by stage fright i guess....