The Public Eye

I've done Karaoke numerous times. It got weird a few times when people around me kept giving me requests by putting my name on the list along with a song they wanted to hear. Getting up in front of people like that hoping that whoever put my name in at least picked a song I knew. However it was pretty fun. Through some odd twist of fate I'm a fairly introverted person who somehow has absolutely no issues with public speaking. I was a thespian in high-school, doing plays and musicals. And I once even did a 10 minute set of stand up comedy.
That's really cool, Steve! Stand up can be hard!

ive spoken in public, instructed a few courses, entered a few exhibits, was the focus of a magazine article once, etc... karaoke once or twice, but that was just from being too drunk, and im sure wasnt to pretty.....lol, never had a problem talking to people or starting a conversation. not too hindered by stage fright i guess....
It’s funny how so many of the core group here are similar.

I've done Karaoke numerous times. It got weird a few times when people around me kept giving me requests by putting my name on the list along with a song they wanted to hear. Getting up in front of people like that hoping that whoever put my name in at least picked a song I knew. However it was pretty fun. Through some odd twist of fate I'm a fairly introverted person who somehow has absolutely no issues with public speaking. I was a thespian in high-school, doing plays and musicals. And I once even did a 10 minute set of stand up comedy.
thats cool, community stand up workshops are fun and great for learning to control stage fright or how to control the jitters. or just a lot of fun and a great way to meet people

I've been performing since before I can remember (literally). As a tot, I sang at local social events and I was on a couple of local TV kid shows in the SF Bay area. When I was about 8 I started doing a magic act and performed at parties and events. In middle school, I wrote, directed and performed in a play for a local talent show and appeared in a local pro theater production musical. In high school, I formed a rock band that performed all over the SF Bay Area for years including the Fillmore in San Francisco. I also played gigs with a good friend of mine who is now in the R&RHoF (him, not me).

In my old age, in Los Angeles, I started working as an extra in the Hollywood movie/TV biz and "appeared" in many films and TV shows. On rare occasions, I also acted in a few and I have a page on the IMDb website. And, I also did a lot of behind-the-scenes work in theater, film and TV and a bit of writing for television.

The only thing that made me nervous was the magic act as a kid. When you screw up a magic trick in front of an audience it's really embarrassing so I did go through some stage fright during that period but the rest was no big deal in that department. :)

Last edited: