The Phone line is open...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
HAVE YOU EVER CALLED A RADIO STATION TO MAKE A REQUEST?

HOW ABOUT CALLS TO RADIO SHOWS LIKE COAST TO COAST OR CLYDE LEWIS? HAVE YOU CALLED IN TO ANY TALK SHOW ON RADIO?

75241052_2538719109672966_111911841118027776_n (Small).png

Yes. when I was 17 I used to stay up late listening to my fave radio station. There was a program where the announcer would ask people who were up late, what they were doing? So I used to call in and share whatever I was doing while up so late.

I used to call radio stations all time to make requests when I was from 12-15. I would request my favorite song of the time and occasionally I would request a song for a girl I was trying to “date”. Dating when your 12 isn’t the same as when you grown up, as your Mom has to take you to and from places. Lol

In the mid 80's to early 90's I would listen to a radio show called " THE QUIET STORM " that played R&B music @ night. You could call in to hear your favorite love songs or dedicate it to a love one. I would call in just to hear my voice over the radio. Because of my voice, I was always told that I should have became a radio broadcaster or something to that nature. ( My voice cracked @ the age of 11 ) The best part of the show was the ending, when the host DJ would close out by saying: " It's not who you Love, How you Love, It's just that you love."

Back in highschool, well before the whole Napster file sharing idea was a thing, we would make our own mix tapes by calling into the radio station and requesting the songs we wanted rather than just buying the album. We would then pop a tape in an record the radio for 20-40 minutes until our song came on. It would take about a week or two but we would also get the other songs that played while we were waiting for our request.

HAVE YOU EVER CALLED A RADIO STATION TO MAKE A REQUEST?

HOW ABOUT CALLS TO RADIO SHOWS LIKE COAST TO COAST OR CLYDE LEWIS? HAVE YOU CALLED IN TO ANY TALK SHOW ON RADIO?

uest
I called in to Coast to Coast once, but I was on duty and had to go before I could get on the air. Our local radio station used to take requests, and I used to call in a lot. Nothing cooler than hearing your song played .

Back in highschool, well before the whole Napster file sharing idea was a thing, we would make our own mix tapes by calling into the radio station and requesting the songs we wanted rather than just buying the album. We would then pop a tape in an record the radio for 20-40 minutes until our song came on. It would take about a week or two but we would also get the other songs that played while we were waiting for our request.
I still have a box of cassette tapes that I made back in the 80's!

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
I called in to win on the contests. I have been the right caller several times. I’ve won tickets to several events like concerts and plays. I’ve tried calling in to be on the air but haven’t made it on a show yet.

Nothing cooler than hearing your song played .
I have called radio stations and requested songs and you're correct, it great to hear your song. For my daughter's wedding reception, I asked ahead of time for a song to be played. It was an infrequently played radio song. When it came on, it was time for Mrs Critter and I to dance. It was so cool.