The Overlord Effect

While I acknowledge that aliens are, by their nature, alien, humans with benign intent don't kidnap, experiment on, and tamper with others. Alien or not, that can be learned without ever touching a human being, just from our own broadcasts. Medical information about humans can easily be gotten from our own public resources, and only one or two persons at most would need to be sampled to learn this and obtain the information sought. The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that - unless it's being done in direct cooperation with any relevant government(s), why they are here isn't immediately relevant since their actions are distinctly hostile. Even allowing for a measure of "they don't understand what they are doing," that fact doesn't excuse their behavior, nor does it abrogate our right, as a species, to defend ourselves from invaders. Yet we have credible (within the UFO framework) military stories that demonstrate that at least some recurrent visitors understand we are able and willing to do them harm.
Your addressing the abduction events? I agree that they shouldn’t have a need to repeat expiroments to learn about our physiology. They can learn about us socially by observation also. So what are they doing ? My theory is it revolves around reproduction. Abductees report reproductive material and even babies being taken. To what purpose ? That’s the big question. Can they no longer reproduce themselves? Have they become a sort of hybrid race? Are they colonizing other planets? Do they need slaves? Are they trying to mix DNA with their own so they can inhabit this planet? Are we the farm they manage? I think the real reason the Govt doesn’t tell us is because they don’t have these answers either and may be helpless to stop it. Just my theory.

Reactions: Ronin and Paulm
this is true...kinda.... we don't kidnap and experiment on un willing ppl but...and this is a big but...lol... we do experiment on ppl, always have, always will, only now, ppl volunteer for the job....test subjects are paid to try new procedures all the time, greed made kidnapping obsolete...lol...
pancreas transplants, the liver producing insulin by pancreatic injections to name just one modern fairly recent procedure.....and if they are in "talks" or accord with our gov. as far as giving us info or technology then why is our military in the dark....not to mention that a secret this big would indeed be almost, if not impossible, to control....just not to sure the gov. is any more knowledgeable as anyone else.
The concept of "too many people to keep a secret" is one that appeals to a lot of folks - including me, btw - but the example I used in my essay really refutes it: hundreds, if not something approaching or over a thousand, of people knew about the F-117. Yet it was an extremely well-kept secret until the public unveiling. That suggests that a lot of people can be trusted with a secret if they personally understand just how important the information is. It also demonstrates that a good cover story can defuse an individual or small cadre of people trying to reveal the truth.

If you were looking for the TL;DR, it's that I'm not sold on aliens just yet. But, if they do exist, not only do I understand keeping that information secret, I would do so as well, for a variety of reasons. Also, if they do exist, based on the stories told, I do not trust them and would want to develop ways to counter them.

Reactions: Paulm
The concept of "too many people to keep a secret" is one that appeals to a lot of folks - including me, btw - but the example I used in my essay really refutes it: hundreds, if not something approaching or over a thousand, of people knew about the F-117. Yet it was an extremely well-kept secret until the public unveiling. That suggests that a lot of people can be trusted with a secret if they personally understand just how important the information is. It also demonstrates that a good cover story can defuse an individual or small cadre of people trying to reveal the truth.

If you were looking for the TL;DR, it's that I'm not sold on aliens just yet. But, if they do exist, not only do I understand keeping that information secret, I would do so as well, for a variety of reasons. Also, if they do exist, based on the stories told, I do not trust them and would want to develop ways to counter them.
I agree, though military hardware is a little easier to keep quiet on for the simple reason that it is basically just a newer version of older technology...or can be described as that. the stealth aircraft was just thought to be at first a replacement for the SR-71 and such, easy to lead that idea on....some units in the military knew of it before it was introduced, but thought it was just a newer bomber...no big deal....also this type equipment is layered so that even the depts. building something don't fully know the useage for what they are bldg......little different than meeting beings from another world in person and cutting deals with them...lol

Reactions: Ronin
this is true...kinda.... we don't kidnap and experiment on un willing ppl but...and this is a big but...lol... we do experiment on ppl, always have, always will, only now, ppl volunteer for the job....test subjects are paid to try new procedures all the time, greed made kidnapping obsolete...lol...
pancreas transplants, the liver producing insulin by pancreatic injections to name just one modern fairly recent procedure.....and if they are in "talks" or accord with our gov. as far as giving us info or technology then why is our military in the dark....not to mention that a secret this big would indeed be almost, if not impossible, to control....just not to sure the gov. is any more knowledgeable as anyone else.

Not sure how you are defining "we" in your first sentence, but just in our parents' lifetime the Josef Mengeles and Unit 731s of the world did do horrific experiments on people taken and held against their will. Even the US government conducted the equally heinous Tuskegee syphilis experiments in my lifetime.

I do agree with you, the governments of the world know little more, if any, about the UFO phenomena and its many facets than the rest of us. They certainly would be expected to have better informed questions, but no better answers.

Not sure how you are defining "we" in your first sentence, but just in our parents' lifetime the Josef Mengeles and Unit 731s of the world did do horrific experiments on people taken and held against their will. Even the US government conducted the equally heinous Tuskegee syphilis experiments in my lifetime.

I do agree with you, the governments of the world know little more, if any, about the UFO phenomena and its many facets than the rest of us. They certainly would be expected to have better informed questions, but no better answers.
I think the thrust is that "we know better"; and although it does happen, any "we" is a subset that is usually called to answer for actions considered unacceptable at some point. Even when not made to answer, it is still acknowledged by the majority that such actions are not acceptable as a rule.

Tuskegee is a good example. It was a despicable and utterly unnecessary thing to do, and eventually it was exposed and both legally and societally condemned. Had it been done to Americans by, say, the Soviets, the US government would have stepped in. That's why I originally brought it up; yes, we humans have done bad things to other humans, but we acknowledge that it's bad, that we shouldn't have done it, and that we'll try not to do it later. That's not a difficult concept to learn - even if you're not a human. The fact that UFO reports detail aliens' attempts to prevent harm to themselves and their equipment indicate they know this for themselves already. That they then continue to do things we find abhorrent to us says that they just don't care, under the umbrella of "might makes right."

you are absolutely correct, and those are great examples... I was thinking in the here and now. that we do still experiment on ppl , just in a different way..... just a couple years ago after the immunizations for the school year there were a very large number of children who developed seizures...hasn't been proven to come from said immunizations yet but there are parents and ppl who swear that was the cause.... this is experimenting on ppl also, just in a different way. and without their full knowledge or cooperation...you are forced to take them or you don't go to school, work, etc....

That one event would suddenly lend credibility to all other reports. At that time Occam's Razor would state that aliens do exist and have indeed been here, and we have been reacting to information incorrectly. Further, it would state that not only are the newcomers lying about not encountering other aliens, they are misrepresenting and quite likely mis-presenting themselves as similar to us. Unless we were seeded from the same protein strands, there is no reason we should ever meet an alien race with genetic details like to our own.

I would have to disagree here. What if these aliens were created by the same "God" that created us? If that is the case, then we could have the same genetic details and look very similar. These of course brings ones religious beliefs into play. But it does bear consideration...

Reactions: Donna K.
I would have to disagree here. What if these aliens were created by the same "God" that created us? If that is the case, then we could have the same genetic details and look very similar. These of course brings ones religious beliefs into play. But it does bear consideration...
It’s very possible God created everything. I don’t see why his creations would all have to be similar genetically or look similar. Although I don’t disagree God may have a model he likes to use. I don’t see how this relates to disclosure, aliens imposing themselves in our world or government responsibility to the public.