The Overlord Effect

Ronin that is a lot to read. I got through half and it’s well written but I really need the cliff notes.

Would I be right in guessing your main point for non disclosure would be a total social upheaval in all directions? This would include economic, religion and anarchy.

National security is the blanket reason given for all redacted information. No suprise. I don’t now If id agree but your theory has a lot of merit. I think people already suspect that there’s something other than us out there. There already is a limited disclosure.

Reactions: Paulm
Ronin that is a lot to read. I got through half and it’s well written but I really need the cliff notes.

Would I be right in guessing your main point for non disclosure would be a total social upheaval in all directions? This would include economic, religion and anarchy.

National security is the blanket reason given for all redacted information. No suprise. I don’t now If id agree but your theory has a lot of merit. I think people already suspect that there’s something other than us out there. There already is a limited disclosure.
That's the main thrust, yes. Our original essay question was "is there a coverup?" :)

Reactions: Lynne
So what happens if, say next week, an interplanetary craft lands here on Earth and the crew of that craft are humanoid, looking much like ourselves. As we talk to them, we learn we are the first and only alien culture they have encountered. They further tells us this was their first trip to Earth, and all their craft are of the same general design, let's say cigar shaped. So are we much better off knowledge wise relative to understanding the UFO phenomenon? Grays? Reptoids? Triangular, saucer, or spherical shaped craft? Roswell? Abductions? Cattle mutilations?

I have to agree with lynne, cliff notes would be nice...lol... I did read it all and it is VERY well written, but think it should be broken down and discussed one layer at a time, just because each level can be multi layered and get very deep.
while I do agree disclosure of this would destroy religion as we know it for a large majority of ppl. im not to sure of the social upheavel or economic outcome. and this still dousnt give any type of explanation as to WHY they are here....which must be taken into consideration before guessing what the outcome would be by letting it known.

So what happens if, say next week, an interplanetary craft lands here on Earth and the crew of that craft are humanoid, looking much like ourselves. As we talk to them, we learn we are the first and only alien culture they have encountered. They further tells us this was their first trip to Earth, and all their craft are of the same general design, let's say cigar shaped. So are we much better off knowledge wise relative to understanding the UFO phenomenon? Grays? Reptoids? Triangular, saucer, or spherical shaped craft? Roswell? Abductions? Cattle mutilations?
I would think it would prove there is the possibility that others like them exist. We would gain knowledge and open the closed minds of a large portion of humanity.

Reactions: Duke
I would think it would prove there is the possibility that others like them exist. We would gain knowledge and open the closed minds of a large portion of humanity.

A very reasonable answer, but in my scenario I submit it simply proves others like us exist, nothing more. Agreed that in and of itself is a huge step, but still leaves us scratching our heads relative to the phenomenon in the bigger picture.

A very reasonable answer, but in my scenario I submit it simply proves others like us exist, nothing more. Agreed that in and of itself is a huge step, but still leaves us scratching our heads relative to the phenomenon in the bigger picture.
Totally agree Duke. This can go very deep in possibilities.

I have to agree with lynne, cliff notes would be nice...lol... I did read it all and it is VERY well written, but think it should be broken down and discussed one layer at a time, just because each level can be multi layered and get very deep.
while I do agree disclosure of this would destroy religion as we know it for a large majority of ppl. im not to sure of the social upheavel or economic outcome. and this still dousnt give any type of explanation as to WHY they are here....which must be taken into consideration before guessing what the outcome would be by letting it known.
While I acknowledge that aliens are, by their nature, alien, humans with benign intent don't kidnap, experiment on, and tamper with others. Alien or not, that can be learned without ever touching a human being, just from our own broadcasts. Medical information about humans can easily be gotten from our own public resources, and only one or two persons at most would need to be sampled to learn this and obtain the information sought. The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that - unless it's being done in direct cooperation with any relevant government(s), why they are here isn't immediately relevant since their actions are distinctly hostile. Even allowing for a measure of "they don't understand what they are doing," that fact doesn't excuse their behavior, nor does it abrogate our right, as a species, to defend ourselves from invaders. Yet we have credible (within the UFO framework) military stories that demonstrate that at least some recurrent visitors understand we are able and willing to do them harm.

Reactions: Paulm
That one event would suddenly lend credibility to all other reports. At that time Occam's Razor would state that aliens do exist and have indeed been here, and we have been reacting to information incorrectly. Further, it would state that not only are the newcomers lying about not encountering other aliens, they are misrepresenting and quite likely mis-presenting themselves as similar to us. Unless we were seeded from the same protein strands, there is no reason we should ever meet an alien race with genetic details like to our own.

While I acknowledge that aliens are, by their nature, alien, humans with benign intent don't kidnap, experiment on, and tamper with others. Alien or not, that can be learned without ever touching a human being, just from our own broadcasts. Medical information about humans can easily be gotten from our own public resources, and only one or two persons at most would need to be sampled to learn this and obtain the information sought. The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that - unless it's being done in direct cooperation with any relevant government(s), why they are here isn't immediately relevant since their actions are distinctly hostile. Even allowing for a measure of "they don't understand what they are doing," that fact doesn't excuse their behavior, nor does it abrogate our right, as a species, to defend ourselves from invaders. Yet we have credible (within the UFO framework) military stories that demonstrate that at least some recurrent visitors understand we are able and willing to do them harm.
this is true...kinda.... we don't kidnap and experiment on un willing ppl but...and this is a big but...lol... we do experiment on ppl, always have, always will, only now, ppl volunteer for the job....test subjects are paid to try new procedures all the time, greed made kidnapping obsolete...lol...
pancreas transplants, the liver producing insulin by pancreatic injections to name just one modern fairly recent procedure.....and if they are in "talks" or accord with our gov. as far as giving us info or technology then why is our military in the dark....not to mention that a secret this big would indeed be almost, if not impossible, to control....just not to sure the gov. is any more knowledgeable as anyone else.