The old ways

RoseRed,
What a beautiful cat !
Older cats are pretty cool.
( forgot that we have a common language barrier!l Yes Dum Dums are lollipops.)

Hank Aaron is a very lucky boy because he plays a Wilson Staff golf ball. That was his first toy so I kept buying him Wilson's. $50 a dozen, I can't afford to play with that caliber of ball. One of these days I'm going to move that couch and become an instant golf ball millionaire.

One day Hank Aaron got really rambunctious and knocked his ball into his water dish. It's very hard to explain to a cat that that is a water hazard and a stroke and distance penalty.
He gave me the Iron Paw.
Thank you, she's a Bengal so she has a spotty tummy and sandy fur. She's giving me the side eye in that photo so I'd better be careful she doesn't find out that I've posted it online!

Hank Aaron is also very handsome and obviously very skilled with a golf ball (water bowl hazard notwithstanding!). He clearly has expensive taste :laughing:

They all learn the Iron Paw at kitten school...

View attachment 40410View attachment 40411
This is how I shave and these are my role models.
8 cents for 3 shaves.
There's no substitute! I was taught to shave with these, but then spent most of my adult life so far using more modern things and hating shaving. It wasn't until a crisis where I had to stay with my dad and borrowed his razor that I realised that every innovation in shaving since this point has only made it harder work and less good. Getting a proper razor again and ditching the wasteful and stupid plastic five blade foolishness has been a wonderful experience!

I just made two loaves last week. I found this great kind of flour, called Einkorn. It is apparently the way that flour used to be before they started selling the crappy, overpriced kind that you find on the shelves now.
My sister in law uses that flour. I have never seen anyplace that sells it though.

I miss the smell of clothes drying on a clothesline.
I remember every summer dragging out all the damp clothes in the basket to hang for my mom. One of the chores I had as a kid. We had a double line and two bag full of clothespins. It was always a heck of a lot easier taking it in when dry than hauling it out when wet!