The old ways

I had to raise my kids alone and used cloth nappies in those days :weary:. I'd wash them and leave them on the line over night and the frost would bleach them super white. An old lady neighbor commented on how neat I hung the clothes, for a bloke, lol.
Cloth diapers were the only thing we had in our day, Oz! These disposables came along after our nappie days! And Kudos to you for raising those kids and hanging that laundry!

Cloth diapers were the only thing we had in our day, Oz! These disposables came along after our nappie days! And Kudos to you for raising those kids and hanging that laundry!
All I can say is thank god for disposable diapers. If I had one more chore while I was working and raising a kid I’d have given up.

That's cool Paint and reminds me when my grandad taught me to shave. I remember being fascinated watching him.
It seems my two cats are very fascinated with shaving. Little Joe and Hank Aaron flank me on the bathroom vanity.
We do Barbershop!
And that's where the boys like to get brushed. Except for Little Joe when we did Beauty Shop. That was before the vet told me that lLttle Joe was a boy.

There seems to be a whole subculture of Shaving like that. It feels nice when you have a routine that you don't have to go rush out of the house.

Paintman, I just ordered a new grooming tool from a place that is primarily for horses, but they make smaller versions for cats and dogs. I was impressed by the demo video of how it works. Check it out!

In the UK, I think this is largely still the norm. But yes, I used to help mum hang out the washing on the line when I was little. I would still do it if I had a clothes line but I now hang them on a clothes horse inside or put them on the radiators. All my neighbours still hang out their washing. I also still do the washing up by hand and drive a manual transmission car (again, pretty much the norm in the UK). I like the old ways, and hanging out the washing is much better for the environment than using a tumble dryer.

Last edited:
I wish more people were like you , RoseRed, when it comes to using dryers. Sometimes I can't have a window open if a neighbor is drying their laundry because they use these highly scented laundry products that make it hard to breathe!

No reason why Little Joe can't still enjoy Beauty Shop! I think all kitties like their grooming, even the boys :laughing:
I tried to name him after the most fearsome Slugger of all time. But I'm learning we are living in interesting times, and then she grew up into his name.
But one thing is my two cats are absolutely best friends.
Yeah like I explained to Duke, I did not attend the Juilliard School of Veterinary Medicine.

Paintman, I just ordered a new grooming tool from a place that is primarily for horses, but they make smaller versions for cats and dogs. I was impressed by the demo video of how it works. Check it out!
Oh, I needed that for Thor and Reggie. Those two were always in the mud on the pond. Oh and Reggie turned out to be a girl !