The old ways

1653696679195.png

This count

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
. . how good everything smelled when I lugged it back upstairs.
One of the great benefits of hanging clothes for wind drying. Strangely, Mrs Critter says that I have the wind blown smell when I get back from my Spring and Fall bike rides. Summer . . uh . . no. . . to hot and humid in Virginia to stay dry. :)

Last edited:
We had a clothes line out back of the house when we were growing up. I believe it was not used as much when the damn gypsy moths came. If you hung clothes out, the caterpillars would be all over your stuff. Also, the humidity played a factor. But i agree with everyone...fresh air linens and clothes nothing beats it. Also, i do not have a dishwasher in kitchen, so i wash and dry by hand. When i lived in my apartment, i did have one though never used.

Last edited:
I can still picture my Mom hanging bed sheets out on the clothes line, even in the winter. Clothes would get stiff as a board, the water would slowly sublimate, and the sheets would be blowing in the wind. HA ! I guess that was a built in timer.

I had to raise my kids alone and used cloth nappies in those days :weary:. I'd wash them and leave them on the line over night and the frost would bleach them super white. An old lady neighbor commented on how neat I hung the clothes, for a bloke, lol.