The Night

I'm going to add another observation about the night. The "energy" changes in a way that allows for easier "receiving/sending" at night. Why? I have a guess. All those thousands of other minds are sleeping.....the information in the air is like night time at the airport....not much moving. The hustle bustle of everyday chaos and thoughts is hushed, and those who are open to energy from the Source appear to be able to work better without the "traffic" of those other thought forms floating around.
That is the way that I feel, too! I do my best writing and creating at night.

I'm going to add another observation about the night. The "energy" changes in a way that allows for easier "receiving/sending" at night. Why? I have a guess. All those thousands of other minds are sleeping.....the information in the air is like night time at the airport....not much moving. The hustle bustle of everyday chaos and thoughts is hushed, and those who are open to energy from the Source appear to be able to work better without the "traffic" of those other thought forms floating around.

I love your interpretation Debi. Makes total sense.

And all of those sleeping minds contribute their own altered kind of energy into the ether too.

And I’ll add another perception too. As I’ve stated before, I believe that it could be that people “seeing” ghosts might be more accurately people misinterpreting their “psychic perception” of same. What I mean is, the action of “seeing” might not be an external visible stimulus but instead be just one of the most common ways that ghostly encounters’ psychic messages are processed by the human mind.

Any hoot on to the point of the thread - the night.

As you pointed out Debi (Paulm and others) there is a change in the energies floating around once many conscious minds have gone to sleep.

So maybe one reason that many ghost sightings are reported as occurring at night is because of that energetic change. Maybe the reduction in conscious energies - or “energetic noise” - allows for the spirit phenomena to be more easily recognized. Within my belief that ghost sighting might be a psychic connection, this could mean that those who are awake at night are receiving less psychic energetic noise thus making it easier to pick up psychically on the more subtle form of spirit energies.

Alternatively, if ghost sightings are actually physical visible manifestations, then maybe the nighttime reduction in energetic noise makes room for more subtle spirit energies to coalesce.

Last edited:
I love the night, more so in rural or forest, swamp areas....nature comes alive at night, the sounds and wildlife are more active, even the desert where you think there is nothing will come to life at night. but the deep south swamps and forests are amazing after dark.

This was one of the biggest things that struck me when I moved from the big city out to the country. Growing up in the Los Angeles area of Southern California, night time was for trouble making. The gangs, pimps, pushers and dumb kids like me were the only ones out and about. Then I moved to a small town in Tennessee, which didn't even show up on most maps, and night time was a completely different experience.

My first night there people were laughing at me because it was the very first time I had ever seen actual fireflies. I knew they existed and I had seen them simulated for TV and movies, typically just slowly blinking lights on fishing line, but I had never seen a real one just out and about. After that I would spend hours just sitting outside in the dark and experience all the wonders that the night held.

Something else I think we don’t like to know is wondering the night Debi... clowns!
muahhahaha……….

clown2.jpg

And I’ll add another perception too. As I’ve stated before, I believe that it could be that people “seeing” ghosts might be more accurately people misinterpreting their “psychic perception” of same. What I mean is, the action of “seeing” might not be an external visible stimulus but instead be just one of the most common ways that ghostly encounters’ psychic messages are processed by the human mind.

Any hoot on to the point of the thread - the night.

As you pointed out Debi (Paulm and others) there is a change in the energies floating around once many conscious minds have gone to sleep.

So maybe one reason that many ghost sightings are reported as occurring at night is because of that energetic change. Maybe the reduction in conscious energies - or “energetic noise” - allows for the spirit phenomena to be more easily recognized. Within my belief that ghost sighting might be a psychic connection, this could mean that those who are awake at night are receiving less psychic energetic noise thus making it easier to pick up psychically on the more subtle form of spirit energies.

Alternatively, if ghost sightings are actually physical visible manifestations, then maybe the nighttime reduction in energetic noise makes room for more subtle spirit energies to coalesce.
I might add that perhaps our consciousness holds the firmness of our reality and dimension. When our collective consciousness is switched off the veil between realities and dimensions may thin. Also I wonder if we are seeing out of body travelers in the mix also.

I might add that perhaps our consciousness holds the firmness of our reality and dimension. When our collective consciousness is switched off the veil between realities and dimensions may thin. Also I wonder if we are seeing out of body travelers in the mix also.

I have mused about the same OOB traveler idea too Lynne. Might not fit with the characteristics of residual haunting; but for intelligent haunting, that could be a possible source/cause.

Then when someone experiences an especially difficult intelligent haunting - with lots of hurtful or frightening activity - that might be some asshole OOB traveler just acting out.

I have seen a lot of evidence for what Debi said about the changes in energies when everyone is asleep. Otherwise, I would wonder why most paranormal happenings occur mostly at night? I once had an experience I would never forget. I had woken to visit the bathroom, and was stumbling back to bed when I noticed my usually calm calico cat crouched in my doorway and staring at something in the corner of the room. I figured maybe it was an insect or something (being half asleep) but when I was about to get back into bed, I noticed a strange man crouched on the floor next to my exercise bike. He seemed to be glowing from inside, and yet I could see the wall behind him, and realized that it wasn't a corporeal person at all. Naturally I ran out of there and slept in my daughter's room. The weird coincidence was that later my daughter's bike was stolen. I wondered about this for a long time.