The most unusual

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
47682015_1920242901392849_5523463917025624064_n (Small).jpg

Okay, I’ll go first. It’s not the gift itself that is notable but my ignorant reaction.

My GF and I both work for a well known tech company. That’s relevant to understanding why I am offering this example.

One Christmas a dozen years ago, trying to keep me trendy, my GF bought me an Apple iPod. As I unwrapped it, I respectfully exclaimed something like, “What is this?” And her reaction was something like, “Yea, cool right!” And I said again something like, “No, what IS this? I really don’t know what it is...”

I ran across that iPod just two weeks ago. It’s sitting in the back of my closest, still in its original box and still packaged in it’s original orientation with the relevant documents and everything else that came in the box. I’m not certain I ever used it - not even once.

Of course, twelve or more years later, I have - and use every day - an iPad, an iPhone, and as of last month an Apple Watch.

Last edited:
Most unusual and only gift I actually really hated was in 2010 and it was a book of MENSA riddles. Now I know with gift giving there will be some that you get someone that they love, and some that won't quite appeal to them. So this would have been an "okay" gift, maybe a bit better if there was something else I could have more use for. But when I was looking at the book, and this is what put me so against it, was my mom said it's to help with my lateral thinking which could help me with school, because this was when my grades had really dropped. Honestly I was furious but I didn't show it. Instead of getting me something fun, useful or enjoyable, I got a study aid. I went through some of the riddles in the book the next day and never looked at it again.

a pair of pants 6 sizes to big, i think it was something my sisters husband didnt fit into anymore because he hogged all the food.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
An iron and ironing board!! It was not a hit. The other would be a black phone. I asked hubby , why black ? He replied , black goes with everything !

An iron and ironing board!! It was not a hit. The other would be a black phone. I asked hubby , why black ? He replied , black goes with everything !

Your husband and I think alike.

Reactions: Lynne
I still don’t know what it is
an mp3 player is something you can put audio programs on like a walkman , songs , podcasts or anything pre recorded. You plug it into your pc and you can dl music or anything audio to it aslong as it is in mp3 format.