The Moody Blues & The Faces and my time slip/slide zone traveling truth!

Malaria_Kidd IV

Reaction score
;) Here's my true story heard via Sound Cloud as told during the premier of Coast to Coast AM Live with Ian Punnett and my friend, noted author R. Gary Patterson, the late Fox Mulder of Rock 'N Roll! :<3:guitar:;mn2

From me dba SCANIAowner at Sound Cloud dot com

In 1975 The Faces' "Stay With Me" iconic rock and roll song started as I entered Evansville, Indiana's US 41 stop light corridor. There were twelve traffic lights in 7.1 miles. Passing under each traffic light's "green light" for GO went perfect with Rod Stewart's lyrics," Stay with me, stay with me, for tonight your gonna stay with me." I didn't speed with my semi-tractor trailers full load of Kentucky hogs, and I made every light green in exactly four minutes and thirty seven seconds! Not that first yellow caution light was encountered even with vehicles tripping the magnet sensor at Lynch Road, St. George Road, and at IN SR 57 & US Highway 41!

Rod's song ended with The Faces drummers drum beat finish at light twelve. In the 45 -50 mph speed zones I needed to be going nearly 100 + mph for this to happen! I only went the speed limit as usual. After this happened my only thoughts north of the city were, "Now, just how cool was that?"

This took years to set in about what really did happen to my fully loaded "slow" International Bull Wagon and me. My wife and I started the song in the same spot over 15 years ago, and didn't get half way through. With light traffic it took us nine minutes. I've never heard a longer version of "Stay With Me".

Neither had Rock 'N Roll mysteries author, the late R. Gary Patterson, on the premier night for Coast to Coast Live's radio show as a guest of Ian Punnett 1/27/06. During our conversation I asked Gary the question: "Gary, have you ever heard a longer version of "Stay With Me"? Gary quickly said, "Not me! No!" When I introduced myself to Ian and Gary I had mentioned I wanted to make a comment about The Doors rock band. Near the end of my few minutes telling this strange story I forgot to bring up my Doors statement.

This true livestock hauling account of mine was "just weird" and now it's at a place where it belongs. One day hiding silently in the deep Dark Pages on this Paranormal Forum "Where the Paranormal & Science Converge!"

Coast to Coast AM: The Best Paranormal News Show | Coast to Coast AM

I hear this song a few times a week. Matter of fact it was an ad intro bumper song on The Mike Gallagher Show JUST last night; a first to hear there! To date and to my knowledge I heard it just one time on Coast.

That evening after my call picking it for a synchro would have been a winner to me. Back in late 2001 I had two back to back wins after chatting my chilling tale to Ian!

:cool:So here's your chance to ride along with the music and my International semi-tractor's possum bellied Fruehauf brand trailer load of Kentucky farmer's pigs way back in 1975!!

The Faces and "Stay With Me" 1972

[youtube]

Some Coasties may have heard me that night talking to Ian and Gary on the premier program of Ian's "Coast to Coast AM Live" the night of January 27, 2006 around 11:45 PM. Please tell me if you heard this pigtail. Hint "Pigtail" was my CB handle. LOL

Two more?

The Moody Blues

Sing along if you like strange time slips/slide zones reports!

Their live short version........

The original album version "Steppin' In A Slide Zone" - 1978

Sing along and sorry there is no bouncing white ball.......

I took a ride in a limousine
I took a road I'd never been
I met a stranger by the way
His coat was torn but his eyes were clear

Standing in a slide zone
Steppin' in a slide zone

He told me where a river flows
He showed me how the apple grows
He told me of a magic stream
His face was worn but his eyes were clear

Standing in a slide zone
I could be steppin' in a slide zone
Standing in a slide zone
I could be steppin' through a time zone

He went to find a shooting star
Around the bend that's where they are
I went along just for the ride
Suddenly I began to slide

Standing in a slide zone

The air raced by there was no sound
We drifted high above the ground
And then he said you know this place
And then a smile lit up his face

Standing in a slide zone
Standing in a slide zone

I turned my head and I looked below
And there was something there I know
Suddenly I began to fall
I looked around and I tried to call

Standing in a slide zone
He had me steppin' in a time zone
Standing in a slide zone
Falling through a time zone

Help me please I thought I said
Then something happened in my head
The music came from all around
And I knew what I had found

Standing in a slide zone
Steppin' in a slide zone
He had me falling through a time zone

I know!......I know!......I know!......I know!

THE USE OF ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS USED UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF "FAIR USE" IN TITLE 17 § 107 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE. SUCH MATERIAL REMAINS THE COPYRIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL HOLDER AND IS USED HERE FOR THE PURPOSES OF "EDUCATION", COMPARISON, AND CRITICISM ONLY.

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
You sounded good on the radio. That was an amazing event. Impossible to explain if your sure of the distance and time. Thanks for sharing.

• Love it
Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV
Well thank you Lynne! :trophy: Your nice post is much appreciated! None, nada, nothing on the response side was about it over the years.

:hushed:Gotta run, hopefully not into a slide zone, on the way to TOYOTA for Highlander steel parts transportation 27 miles with just five traffic lights to contend with. LOL

I'll be baaack! ;)

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
Coming soon! Got it! ;) My true story heard via Sound Cloud as told on Coast to Coast AM Live with Ian Punnett and my friend noted author R. Gary Patterson, the late Fox Mulder of Rock 'N Roll! :<3:guitar:;mn2

From me dba SCANIAowner at Sound Cloud dot com

In 1975 The Faces' "Stay With Me" iconic rock and roll song started as I entered Evansville, Indiana's US 41 stop light corridor. There were twelve traffic lights in 7.1 miles. Passing under each traffic light's "green light" for GO went perfect with Rod Stewart's lyrics," Stay with me, stay with me, for tonight your gonna stay with me." I didn't speed with my semi-tractor trailers full load of Kentucky hogs, and I made every light green in exactly four minutes and thirty seven seconds! Not that first yellow caution light was encountered even with vehicles tripping the magnet sensor at Lynch Road, St. George Road, and at IN SR 57 & US Highway 41!

Rod's song ended with The Faces drummer's drum beat finish at light twelve. In the 45 -50 mph speed zones I needed to be going nearly 100 + mph for this to happen! I only went the speed limit as usual. After this happened my only thoughts north of the city were, "Now, just how cool was that!"

This took years to set in about what really did happen to my fully loaded "slow" Bull Wagon and me. My wife and I started the song in the same spot over 15 years ago, and didn't get half way through. With light traffic it took us nine minutes. I've never heard a longer version of "Stay With Me".

Neither had rock n roll mysteries author, Rock "N Roll mysteries author, the late R. Gary Patterson, on the premier night for Coast to Coast Live's radio show as a guest of Ian Punnett 1/27/06. During our conversation I asked Gary the question: "Gary, have you ever heard a longer version of "Stay With Me"? Gary quickly said, "Not me! No!" When I introduced myself to Ian and Gary I had mentioned I wanted to make a comment about The Doors rock band. Near the end of my few minutes telling this strange story I forgot to bring up my Doors statement.

This true livestock hauling account of mine was "just weird" and now it's at a place where it belongs under Time Travel at Paranormal Forum "Where the Paranormal & Science Converge!"

Coast to Coast AM: The Best Paranormal News Show | Coast to Coast AM

I hear this song a few times a week. Matter of fact it was an ad intro on The Mike Gallagher Show JUST last night; a first to hear there! :cool:So here's your chance to ride along with the music and my International semi-tractor's possum bellied Fruehauf brand trailer load of Kentucky farmer's pigs way back in 1975!!

The Faces and "Stay With Me" 1972

[youtube]

Some Coasties may have heard me that night talking to Ian and Gary on the premier program of Ian's "Coast to Coast AM Live" the night of January 27, 2006 around 11:45 PM. Please tell me if you heard this pigtail. Hint "Pigtail" was my CB handle. LOL

Two more?

The Moody Blues

Sing along if you like strange time slips/slide zones reports!

Their live short version........

The original album version "Steppin' In A Slide Zone" - 1978

Sing along and sorry there is no bouncing white ball.......

I took a ride in a limousine
I took a road I'd never been
I met a stranger by the way
His coat was torn but his eyes were clear

Standing in a slide zone
Steppin' in a slide zone

He told me where a river flows
He showed me how the apple grows
He told me of a magic stream
His face was worn but his eyes were clear

Standing in a slide zone
Standing in a slide zone

He went to find a shooting star
Around the bend that's where they are
I went along just for the ride
Suddenly I began to slide

Standing in a slide zone

The air raced by there was no sound
We drifted high above the ground
And then he said you know this place
And then a smile lit up his face

Standing in a slide zone
Standing in a slide zone

I turned my head and I looked below
And there was something there I know
Suddenly I began to fall
I looked around and I tried to call

Standing in a slide zone
He had me steppin' in a time zone
Standing in a slide zone

Help me please I thought I said
Then something happened in my head
The music came from all around
And I knew what I had found

Standing in a slide zone
Steppin' in a slide zone
He had me falling through a time zone

I know!......I know!......I know!......I know!

THE USE OF ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS USED UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF "FAIR USE" IN TITLE 17 § 107 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE. SUCH MATERIAL REMAINS THE COPYRIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL HOLDER AND IS USED HERE FOR THE PURPOSES OF "EDUCATION", COMPARISON, AND CRITICISM ONLY.
You have a thumbs up for me on this story just from invoking my beloved Moody Blues. lol

Happy to have earned your excited thumb pointed up to your ceiling Debi!

The Moodies were in concert at Evansville in 2014, and I was there. My thumbs up to their iconic hit songs came to me via chills and admitting to you now, moist eyes!

Search You Tube for the year, their name and city. A fan posted their live video where you'd expect the sounds to be less than hoped for.

I can't remember if this "never played on the radio" Steppin' In A Slide Zone "chiller" was played during that brilliant evening. I may look at the dated video again to check if it was part of their indoor concert.

If there exists a Rod Stewart fan site on line. I should post my super fast slide zone trip right there and see how quick a volunteer moderator deletes it! LOL!

It was really, really weird that night on the northbound "Dixie Bee Line" my new found PNF friends.

"Best," (as Gary Patterson always closed his many e-mails to me)

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
I heard a similar story on C2C within the last month, I think on a Friday night open lines. I don't remember specifics, other than the caller describing a distance v. time event while driving, using a song as his time reference.

• Wow
Howdy Duke, :trophy::cool:

So sorry I missed that call, it may have caught me changing trailers at the auto dedicated steel plant. Many thanks your way Duke! :gemstone:

Now you've got my full attention it maybe time to subscribe to Coast Insider again!

Keeping track of our precious individual times can be so interesting with gains vs losses!??

Would ET wear wrist watches and mount clocks on the interior walls of their unusual, varied, interstellar capable crafts?

No! :p And we know why "they" don't my friend!;gs

MK IV ∆=⚾

I heard a similar story on C2C within the last month, I think on a Friday night open lines. I don't remember specifics, other than the caller describing a distance v. time event while driving, using a song as his time reference.
It may have been last Saturday, Duke. Von Braschler was on with Syrett talking time slips. I heard the trucker who called in and at first thought it might be MK.

It may have been last Saturday, Duke. Von Braschler was on with Syrett talking time slips. I heard the trucker who called in and at first thought it might be MK.
I think you are right, I'm pretty sure Syrett was host who took the call.

MK, if you are a Coast Insider, you might want to listen to the show/guest Debi referenced above from last Saturday.

:trophy: :trophy: So cool you two cyber friends and most surely movie fans of Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes! :cool: Coast Insider here I go!

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited: