The Meaning of Life

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I scan through an enormous amount of material daily for the forum. Articles, memes, cartoons, news, even obits. It's rare that something makes me stop and just "think".

I often hear people ask, "I wish I knew the purpose/meaning of my life? Why are we here? What's my mission?"

I've always known this little bit of advice as true, but today, I get to remind all of you of what you might have forgotten.

70988457_1357157504461964_9083385209998540800_n (Small) (2).jpg

What kind of special kindness has influenced your life?

Thank you for the thread Debi.

1. Smile of a stranger.
2. Rewarding grade on a difficult, subjective assignment in school.
3. Reassuring touch of a trusted friend.
4. Acceptance of an offer of assistance by someone who is truly in need.

Get the Kleenex.

Thank you for the thread Debi.

1. Smile of a stranger.
2. Rewarding grade on a difficult, subjective assignment in school.
3. Reassuring touch of a trusted friend.
4. Acceptance of an offer of assistance by someone who is truly in need.

Get the Kleenex.
***Passing the open box*** You are welcome. I got teary when I posted it and opened the box for ya.

Thanks for posting this! I believe this to be true. It’s like my motto, “be the best you can, from where you are, with what you’ve got.” I believe that’s why we’re here. Life is a test. You’ll be tried over and over, tested constantly, sometimes with hardship. How we deal and cope with our pain is a big factor. We have to be the best we can be to finally ascend to “heaven” or whatever our view of heaven is. I also believe we are given many lives/chances to get it right. I know this isn’t a Christian view, actually it’s Buddhist, but I’ve believed that since I was a small boy. I don’t know why, but I’ve always believed that before I knew of religion. I feel it.

Last edited:
. I know this isn’t a Christian view, actually it’s Buddhist, but I’ve believed that since I was a small boy..

A Buddhist view fits this pondering well. Not because of reincarnation necessarily but more so of the letting go of the "I" or ego.....in today's world of super competition or having to be the best at everything, ppl all seem to think they have to be meant for greatness or that their purpose is to be the hero of sorts. When in actuality your only purpose may be to smile at a certain person who needed that act of kindness so they could go on to fulfill their purpose of having a child who is the one meant for greatness...... Your part of this whole plan may be small but is no less important, for without it their is no plan.....it all fits together and we all meet and our paths cross for a reason....I'll leave it at this before going into the whole destiny, fate thing..lol......and its 5 in the morning and I'm probably not very coherent or making much sence....lol...... Just keep it simple, accept who you are, be kind and live life to the fullest...mistakes will be made, lessons learned and when the time comes, destiny will be fulfilled.

Last edited:
Get the Kleenex.
***Passing the open box***
Good thread, you all. I enjoy reading about your acts of kindness. The best reward for doing something (not because you were asked, but because you want to) is a smile or thank-you). This lets you know that your kind deed is appreciated. When someone goes out of their way, spends some extra time to help you, a simple smile makes all the difference.

A thousand smiles to all members of the PNF.