The Legacy of Art Bell...The Truth Was Out There

Good article. Outside of John Batchelor, in his prime Bell was the best radio interviewer I ever heard. I'm glad the author didn't sully Bell's memory by mentioning his two abysmal post-C2C comeback shows. I've made the analogy before, I want to remember Willie Mays for the great ballplayer he was in San Francisco, not the sad, bumbling old man who played for the Mets.

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
Good article. Outside of John Batchelor, in his prime Bell was the best radio interviewer I ever heard. I'm glad the author didn't sully Bell's memory by mentioning his two abysmal post-C2C comeback shows. I've made the analogy before, I want to remember Willie Mays for the great ballplayer he was in San Francisco, not the sad, bumbling old man who played for the Mets.
I totally agree with you. He lost his fire on the comebacks. But in his prime, nobody could do it like Art.

Reactions: Selectric
Well said Duke, I don't know if he changed or if we all did. In the old days we listened to whatever he put on and didn't question as much as it seemed people did on his return show. We all were so saturated with the topics that by the time he came back the wonder had passed. The topics had become old, and we were looking at the guests with a microscope. I really miss that voice in the night.