The Journey Continues

Part of me has always known that I had some sort of "gift" but never really sought out anyone to show me how to use it. In fact when I was younger I actively dismissed the things that I knew and felt as just being a whole lot of coincidence. I didn't accept the idea that it could be real until much later.

I have very faint memories of my Mom trying to test me with an ESP kit of some kind, it was like a premade boardgame that came in a box like Monopoly or some other Parker Brothers product. There were cards that had shapes and symbols on them that I would try to guess at and a pendulum that I would try to move over a Yes/No board by just thinking about my answer to a Yes/No question. I also remember her sitting me down at the kitchen table and having me concentrate on silverware. There is a distinct memory of me with my hands open and apart on either side of a butter knife that is slowly spinning in place. Why it was spinning I don't remember.

However this is all very vague and distant as I would have been about 3 or 4 at the time. It wasn't until more recently that I understood what my Mom was trying to find in me, at the time it was just game I played with Mom when my Dad was at work as it's not something "Dad would understand". I don't remember when or why we stopped playing the game but I do remember my Mom throwing the box away because something about it scared her.

As an adult I have occasionally run into people who I recognize as having abilities. I'll talk to some of them as a way to learn more about them and how they are able to do what they do. Some of them seem to recognize something within me as well. On one occasion a complete stranger actually sought me out to start a conversation about this kind of thing. She kept hinting about how there are people who have gifts and abilities, maybe hoping to get me to open up about mine? After talking to her a bit I admitted that I did have curiosity about the subject but didn't really know much about it. She gave me an odd look and said that I had "old soul eyes". She said i should keep studying these things because "You understand more than you realize."

Now that I've come to accept not only that such abilities are possible but also that I might be one of the people who has them I've been conflicted about what to do with them. Part of me is curious about the possibilities of training and using this, whatever it is. But at the same time part of me is afraid of what it is and if I'd be attracting unwanted attention from certain people or things that aren't people.

this is interesting in that it could be a continuation of this thread posted at the end of last year Increased Psychic Connections
GW, what type of training or guidance are you receiving? if you dont mind my asking a few questions. are you religious? do you require a set routine in life? how is this affecting you in life? and do you want to grow with it or would you rather keep it suppressed?.

You aren't loud, Lynne. You are just an open book. That's actually just fine! The difficult loud ones are angry people. They shout what they are thinking.
That's the ones I mean. Instead of shut up, I would like to say, "Just Chill, okay?" :)

Reactions: ozentity
GW, what type of training or guidance are you receiving? if you dont mind my asking a few questions. are you religious? do you require a set routine in life? how is this affecting you in life? and do you want to grow with it or would you rather keep it suppressed?.

Paul, I have two local mentors who are advanced empath sensitives. I also have a forum member here who is teaching me long-distance. My wife is also an empath sensitive but has had some tough health-related roadblocks the last few years. I listen to any Sensitive or Medium who is willing to spend the time to talk to me.

My training has focused on centering & grounding, bubbling, protection stuff, as well as energy detection & manipulation, psychic healing & helping others via energy vectoring, opening myself more to intuition. Diet, exercise, meditation, lifestyle modifications. Really every aspect I can wrap my head around, pretty much as I come to them during my journey. I started plowing my way through my wife's books recently.

My intention is to develop the gift as far as it will go, in the time I have left in this world. Obviously I won't accrue 30 or 40 years experience due to my age now, but maybe another 15 or 20 if my mind and health don't decline too much and the good Lord decides to give me a few bonus years. I attended Catholic school through the 8th grade before transferring to public high school. Not a practicing Catholic now, I follow Christian principles common to all sects but am unaffiliated and intend to remain unaffiliated. Spirituality is for doing God's work. Religion is for controlling populations (politics).

Being near the end of my career, I am no longer concerned with public knowledge of my interests possibly negatively affecting it. There also isn't the stigma attached to the paranormal that there once was. It's becoming a mainstream interest.

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
Paul, I have two local mentors who are advanced empath sensitives. I also have a forum member here who is teaching me long-distance. My wife is also an empath sensitive but has had some tough health-related roadblocks the last few years. I listen to any Sensitive or Medium who is willing to spend the time to talk to me.

My training has focused on centering & grounding, bubbling, protection stuff, as well as energy detection & manipulation, psychic healing & helping others via energy vectoring, opening myself more to intuition. Diet, exercise, meditation, lifestyle modifications. Really every aspect I can wrap my head around, pretty much as I come to them during my journey. I started plowing my way through my wife's books recently.

My intention is to develop the gift as far as it will go, in the time I have left in this world. Obviously I won't accrue 30 or 40 years experience due to my age now, but maybe another 15 or 20 if my mind and health don't decline too much and the good Lord decides to give me a few bonus years. I attended Catholic school through the 8th grade before transferring to public high school. Not a practicing Catholic now, I follow Christian principles common to all sects but am unaffiliated and intend to remain unaffiliated. Spirituality is for doing God's work. Religion is for controlling populations (politics).

Being near the end of my career, I am no longer concerned with public knowledge of my interests possibly negatively affecting it. There also isn't the stigma attached to the paranormal that there once was. It's becoming a mainstream interest.
cool, i would be afraid to teach someone online not knowing them, next thing you know they running the death star...hahahahh...just kidding. that is cool though. good luck with the training and the journey.
true that the paranormal is more accepted now but it is still like tattoos in a way. even though accepted more they can still affect certain choices and first impressions.
and the comment on spirituality and religion is spot on in my book.... good luck

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I'm not running the Death Star.

Yet. ;)

First thing I'm going to do is put gratings over those pesky access ports and thermal vents.

• Haha
Reactions: Paulm and Debi