The Journey Continues

GoneWestUtah

Currently Active on planet Earth
Reaction score
Some of you know that I began training as a Sensitive earlier this year, after a lifetime of hardline skepticism and dismissing feelings I couldn't explain- and finally meeting the right people to guide me. It's been just a mind-blowing year because of that. After years of accumulating gear, I now look at the pile and realize that I don't even need half of it anymore. It just exists to capture evidence for the benefit of those who aren't walking Ghost Meters. Something to show clients. Lol, had I only tuned-in BEFORE I started buying gear, I'd have saved us the price of a good used car.
I believe my daughter has the gift as well and am trying to teach her how to get a handle on it, as well as a friend at work. Feeling people's energy and moods now, without their knowledge, seems voyeuristic, but as it's a passive thing that just happens when walking by someone, I don't feel like I'm spying. But I do know who among my co-workers and friends has potential, and who doesn't... as well as who is in a dark place and could use someone reaching down a hand. With power comes responsibility, and it can drain you if you try to extend yourself too far. I've learned to pace myself, have to walk before I can run. That's hard. It was also hard at first to not stand in portals for extended periods, just soaking it up. That is never a good idea but it's like a drug, the other Sensitives reading this know what I'm talking about. With power comes discipline, it's not about self-gratification, but helping others. Both the living and the dead. The living take priority but some deceased spirits need the help, as well.
When my wife was in the hospital, one of the nurses checking her in told us she was interested in the paranormal. I told her I had found a portal on the floor, and asked her if she wanted to know where it was. She said "No! Enough stuff goes on around here already!" so I dropped it until Kelly was checking out. The same nurse was with us and I asked if she was ready to know where the portal was yet. She said "OK" so I told her. Her eyes got wide and she said, "That's right in front of the three rooms where all the weird stuff happens!" and looked at me in a new light. I love it when that happens, lol. It wasn't a negative portal, but I think there for the benefit of those recently deceased. Surprisingly, the hospital had wandering and resident spirits, but not as many as I had thought would be there. Pretty sparsely populated for a place where folks die, daily.
But that's just an example of the life of a Sensitive; I can't help but wonder what would have changed had I discovered this for what it was a half century ago? No way to know, life is what it is. There is a good argument for the timing being a necessary part of my journey, but such details aren't important.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Waiting to meet with a project manager who is delayed because of traffic, a bad wreck on the freeway has thousands of people cursing the Interstate at the moment.

I would love to hear of the journey of other Sensitives. How you discovered the nature of your ability, who mentored you, how has it affected your life? Has it been a positive thing in your life?

I've told about this before over the years, but I have been a sensitive/psychic for as long as I remember. I just thought everybody had the same senses, until one day my father explained that some of the things I "knew" were better kept to myself and not shared. Telling people about things I shouldn't know about...or hadn't happened yet...could be a problem when you are 5. He pretty much took over the guidance from there as he was well known for his abilities.

Later in life I studied with quite a few people and learned quite a bit...to what I felt worked for me and to what I felt was hogwash... and did some further studies on my own.

Biggest thing I learned was how to put up a shield to stop hearing or feeling too much from others. As you mentioned, that's a biggie from an ethics viewpoint. But sometimes people are "loud"!

I would love to hear of the journey of other Sensitives. How you discovered the nature of your ability, who mentored you, how has it affected your life? Has it been a positive thing in your life?
Like Debi, it wasn't readily apparent to me that I shouldn't share the things that I could sense with people who didn't understand. In fact, it wasn't until I was in my forties that someone called me "fey." It intrigued me, and only then did I realize that I had something special.

I had no mentors until within the last three years; she didn't exactly mentor, but it was wonderfully healing that she accepted my traits and told me of others in her practice who were like me.

And yes, some people are "loud." Too bad I can't tell them to shut up, lol.

I've been over sensitive since a young kid, I was literally scared of my own shadow lol. I've got over that now lol and not scared of anything of late, including death. Only been mentored since joining here but my life has been a rough battle dealing with everything coming through, it's been an interesting journey. I don't really need outside entertainment.

Some can't, and we know that. Not to worry! And Critter, for the record, you are more a "mumble" and not loud.
I fear I am loud without meaning it. Debi picks me up quite easily.

Thanks for sharing GWU. We are getting to know you better.

I fear I am loud without meaning it. Debi picks me up quite easily.

Thanks for sharing GWU. We are getting to know you better.
You aren't loud, Lynne. You are just an open book. That's actually just fine! The difficult loud ones are angry people. They shout what they are thinking.