The Iron Pillar of Delhi

It doesn't look like much - just another monument.
220px-QtubIronPillar.JPG

But if anyone has an engineering background it is a little more interesting. It is made of iron, and weighs approx 13,000 lbs, but despite being out in all weathers for over 1500 years - it isn't rusting!

There is an inscription at eye height around it, and from the text that is dated at around AD450 - but it's also possible this was added later.

It's 23 feet 8 inches tall, and 16" diameter.
It has been studied, and does not appear to have been cast in one piece, but it is said that smaller pieces of iron have been hammered together to make it. But if that was true, then the impurities would likely make it very blotchy as not all pieces would be the same composition?

Nobody has actually said how it was made - or the heat and equipment needed to make it, plus there is nothing else smaller of the same date showing the same technology?

On the top sits a form of hat. No idea why but seems as a different piece - or pieces.

So- an iron pillar over 1500 years old and not rusting....Why don't we use this stuff now??? Yes we do have stainless steel, but that contains chromium and as far as I can see - this pillar doesn't.

This is just one more anomaly in a long list of ancient artefacts around the world that makes no sense.
Unless...
Remember the Baghdad battery?
- Big pot...Iron core?
What if this is the core of a larger battery?

Also from my own research. What if this was actually stolen from inside the great Pyramid? It hung around a bit as a trophy, then, putting it to a better use they inscribed it as a tomb marker and placed it on a hillside to honour a king? Sounds plausible.

The only access to the great pyramid at the time the others were being built was the descending shaft down to below the bedrock.
In that area there is a pit - that nobody knows much about other than it is a well type hole - but no water has ever been seen so it is just a hole under the great pyramid in the basement.

Do you think this iron rod would fit in that hole? It does!
I did the calculations to see if the length would be able to rotate from horizontal to vertical to fit into it without hitting the roof - and it does. Even though the pit is not that deep, there is room to fit it in there.
So it is technically possible to fit this into that pit and wire it up as a battery.
If you think that all electricity needs a return path and another outer conductor - you are right, but it is also possible to build an "earth battery" - where the outer conductor is the earth itself, but would also be possible to wrap it in copper with a normal electrolyte and make a massive cell out of it.

Food for thought.
Is this the metal shaft that was found in the desert? If so I always thought it looked like a shaft dropped from some type of machinery. Perhaps in our forgotten history or from other worldly visitors.

This one was inscribed as being a grave marker for a king in India, but would like to hear more of your information. I doubt they made it just for that- It would have taken too long for a start.
Just have one story from the Thal Desert of God giving a king a key.