The intuition of Artists.

Rowan2222

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
This is Jim Carey, but maybe not as you know him. He seems to have turned to art after the death of his girlfriend Cathriona White.
If you listen to what he talks about here and in recent interviews.....he seems to be saying some interesting things.

Reactions: SierraRocks
I didn't know he could paint or model so well either.
Some of his work you can clearly see him working through his sadness, but what I found inspiring was that he said sometimes he would just paint - but it would be a year or so later that they actually made sense to him. This shows me at least that it is the subconscious that is the better artist.

My older brother went through this when his son was killed. He is getting rather famous with his paintings, and has experienced a complete turnaround to the point where he is doing murals for businesses and teaching children art.

I didn't know he could paint or model so well either.
Some of his work you can clearly see him working through his sadness, but what I found inspiring was that he said sometimes he would just paint - but it would be a year or so later that they actually made sense to him. This shows me at least that it is the subconscious that is the better artist.
Excellent insight Rowan. I missed that.

Reactions: garnetsilver
My older brother went through this when his son was killed. He is getting rather famous with his paintings, and has experienced a complete turnaround to the point where he is doing murals for businesses and teaching children art.
Out of flames rises the Phoenix. I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. God gives us what we need to make it through life somehow.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I'm sorry to hear of your brother. I hope the art gives him the strength he needs.

This is a speech Jim made at a graduation. I apologise for posting these as I just remember him in the films as the Mask or the cable guy. Finding these has changed my perspective of him. I keep expecting him to be funny - and that is all. I don't mean to spam this site with these. It is just an unexpected twist.
But this one made me cry because of the insight, so I thought I would share this also. I'm not sure what he was doing there, or what the organisation is, but maybe it was a time out to try and understand his life a bit more. Seems to have worked.

Wow this was insightful. Thanks for sharing.