The History of Dogmen

I think that where ever you go, if there are people that live there, they will have stories of some sort of night or woods monster. Maybe it is a left over from the far past when people were not the top of the food chain and there really were things out there that would eat you up. Nowadays they seem to tend more towards some sort of human animal hybrid creatures instead of just straight up monster animals.

People are hard on things that offer any real level of threat. Africa is about the only place that mankind hasn't hunted their predators into near extinction. Even there the big killers are not predatory. HIPPOS are mean suckers and wild elephants don't have much patience for people.

I sort of regret that we have wiped out the major predators. There was something about knowing that you could be prey that makes people feel VERY alive. Even when there were a lot of bears and lions running all over North America they NEVER were much of a threat. The only animal that has been a real threat to people for thousands of years has been other people.

At some deep level I think people need their monsters. We will make them up if we have to.

At some deep level I think people need their monsters. We will make them up if we have to
When you see what mankind does to other species as well as it's own it's going to take some beating. I think humans are looking for a scapegoat that doesn't exist so we can give up the title of the World's most destructive inhabitant.