The hijacked paranormal thread

Join me in my next thread "An unseen hand moved me between places."

Reactions: Lynne
If you're interested, I wrote an article on this way back when called 'Hypothesis of the Paranormal.' I can PM it to you if you'd like to read it.

Yes, I would very much be interested in it.

Humans - as a species - are remarkably good at figuring things out. In the face of not figuring things out, we're actually even better in learning how to deal with them appropriately. And, as we're creatures of habit, we'll keep on doing things long after it's forgotten why we started doing them in the first place.

I think you have possibly come up with the 'mirror' effect here. The Paradox.

(1)Human's are remarkably good at figuring things out and even better at learning to deal with them appropriately.

(2) Human's are creature's of habit and will continue doing the same thing long after the reason why is forgotten.

The most remarkable thing human's are known for (in my humble opinion) is creating their 'reality' as a solid when in fact 'reality' is a concept. I mentioned that on another post here somewhere. So human's advance only so far as the solidity of that reality allows.

I had a interesting 'discussion' with someone on a matter of Physic's recently. It was this person's belief that it would be impossible to have more than one Universe, alternate or other, and ditto for parallel world's. He wouldn't commit to the impossibility/possibility of 'dimensional' existence's but held fast that IF it was possible it would be unimportant as a concept of 'other reality' and simply be a blank space with the exact physical limitations and laws of the world next to it...a by-product/extension or waste of this world so NOT another world much less otherworldly.

I joined the discussion because he was bullying people that believed or even discussed otherwise, and giving long drawn out mathematical formula's and lecture's and throwing key words and concepts out to prove his point and make them look stupid...Keyword's and concepts such as Higg's Bosom, String Theory, and Quantum, (although by using the quantum concept he proved a point for and against himself :eyes:), and a bunch of other stuff. Now all these are Mathematical theorem's. So, mathematically they prove themselves automatically.

So, my argument was... Mathematically you are limited to the now as defined Mathematically which is Finite so yes Mathematically only this Universe exists as all... and even Finite thinking's can change as have many of Newton's and Einstein's mathematical equations for example ... so, not solid fact of anything except from the perspective of a specific and finite theory....

Yo, I said... Physic's is the concept. Mathematics's is a way to make that concept solid. In order to advance out of the box you need to understand that Mathematicians must have a new Theoretical Physic's Possibility Person come up with a new concept. Hand it to them. And ask them to see if they can write all of or some of that theory as a mathematical formula. Of course, that proves nothing absolutely either but the result could be used to further advance the research or scrap the whole thing. Now, I'm no mathematician and certainly no physicist but I just happened to be taking a physic's class at the time and I was looking straight at -- Physic's -- Mathematical Formula -- in that order. That argument was not well received. Perspective as you say, is everything. And extremely limited by that dang box.

So really, the question is then *why*. Why don't we have any proof.

See above.

Yes, I would very much be interested in it.

I think you have possibly come up with the 'mirror' effect here. The Paradox.

(1)Human's are remarkably good at figuring things out and even better at learning to deal with them appropriately.

(2) Human's are creature's of habit and will continue doing the same thing long after the reason why is forgotten.

The most remarkable thing human's are known for (in my humble opinion) is creating their 'reality' as a solid when in fact 'reality' is a concept. I mentioned that on another post here somewhere. So human's advance only so far as the solidity of that reality allows.

I had a interesting 'discussion' with someone on a matter of Physic's recently. It was this person's belief that it would be impossible to have more than one Universe, alternate or other, and ditto for parallel world's. He wouldn't commit to the impossibility/possibility of 'dimensional' existence's but held fast that IF it was possible it would be unimportant as a concept of 'other reality' and simply be a blank space with the exact physical limitations and laws of the world next to it...a by-product/extension or waste of this world so NOT another world much less otherworldly.

I joined the discussion because he was bullying people that believed or even discussed otherwise, and giving long drawn out mathematical formula's and lecture's and throwing key words and concepts out to prove his point and make them look stupid...Keyword's and concepts such as Higg's Bosom, String Theory, and Quantum, (although by using the quantum concept he proved a point for and against himself :eyes:), and a bunch of other stuff. Now all these are Mathematical theorem's. So, mathematically they prove themselves automatically.

So, my argument was... Mathematically you are limited to the now as defined Mathematically which is Finite so yes Mathematically only this Universe exists as all... and even Finite thinking's can change as have many of Newton's and Einstein's mathematical equations for example ... so, not solid fact of anything except from the perspective of a specific and finite theory....

Yo, I said... Physic's is the concept. Mathematics's is a way to make that concept solid. In order to advance out of the box you need to understand that Mathematicians must have a new Theoretical Physic's Possibility Person come up with a new concept. Hand it to them. And ask them to see if they can write all of or some of that theory as a mathematical formula. Of course, that proves nothing absolutely either but the result could be used to further advance the research or scrap the whole thing. Now, I'm no mathematician and certainly no physicist but I just happened to be taking a physic's class at the time and I was looking straight at -- Physic's -- Mathematical Formula -- in that order. That argument was not well received. Perspective as you say, is everything. And extremely limited by that dang box.

See above.
It's interesting that anyone in the past few years would say that alternate universes can't exist when the belief in them within the scientific community is nearing the tipping point. But, there are an awful lot of people that just can't accept that something exists if they haven't seen it for themselves. Hell, I haven't seen Wisconsin, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

It's interesting that anyone in the past few years would say that alternate universes can't exist when the belief in them within the scientific community is nearing the tipping point. But, there are an awful lot of people that just can't accept that something exists if they haven't seen it for themselves. Hell, I haven't seen Wisconsin, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

I thought you might appreciate that. In the context of your post it hit me as close. But, not solid. :rolleyes: