The Highway

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanG1

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
My family has a history of weird happenings. My grandmother on my father's side is a firm believer in the Paranormal and has tried to impress that same belief on me. My mother on the other hand, has always been a sceptic and disapproves of my grandmother's tall tales. I tend to side with my mom and write most things off as strange but explainable. Most of the goings-on have been confined to our home but this is the first experience of something in the wild and is I believe, my first actual sighting.

It was November last year, coming up on midnight. It was a cool night and road conditions were clear. Mom and me were driving back into town over a stretch of road called the 'Brae'. It's the secondary road into town and pretty desolate. There's a few farms dotted about the area but quite a lot of them are abandoned.

We'd been driving for about thirty minutes and were on a straight part of the road. I was on my phone while talking to mom. As I look up I see a figure of a girl suddenly appear. It's hard to put into words. It's not like the girl was lit up as the car moved forward or walked out from the edge of the road, she just appeared out of thin air in the middle of the road.

Mom braked but it was no good, there was no way we were stopping in time. The car skidded. I clenched my teeth and waited for the impact of the body hitting our car but nothing came. Our car ended up sideways on, basically blocking half the road but did not hit anything. I knew it was impossible, our car should have hit the girl who as far as I could see, didn't move.

I turned to mom and saw she was not moving. Panicking, I realised she had somehow been knocked out. I didn't understand how, we didn't hit anything and although our car had braked hard I don't think she hit her head. I shook her arm but she didn't respond. I kept prodding at her until I got a groan in return. As she came to, I turned to look and could see the figure behind us, completely fine. As I watched her, she disappeared as she had arrived.

Mom remembered seeing the girl but has no idea why she fell unconscious. She's 37, very fit and healthy with no previous medical issues.

She was wearing a large gold Michael Kors watch when all this happened. It was only after we got home she noticed it had stopped, roughly about the time we saw the girl.

Hi DanG. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Thanks for sharing your story. So, what is your feelings towards the paranormal ?

Reactions: ozentity and DanG1
I'm very much a sceptic, or was.

I live with my mom in an old house that she has renovated. We have experienced quite a few strange things but have always written them off as strange but not paranormal.

Reactions: Paintman
Welcome Dan,there has been a few similar cases here in Oz,it makes me think these types of sightings are a cause of a lot of road fatalities.If so they are not good entities.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Dan thanks for sharing that account. I have heard of this type of thing like Oz stated. I’m wondering if it’s a residual haunting. I hope your mom recovered ok from the experience.

Is that the famous paranormal Brae Road, that Linda Geoffrey writes about the Dogman sightings on?

No, it's not. The road is pretty spooky but I've never heard of it being haunted. I even looked online but there's nothing :(

Reactions: Paintman
Welcome Dan,there has been a few similar cases here in Oz,it makes me think these types of sightings are a cause of a lot of road fatalities.If so they are not good entities.
I wonder if it means anything that she appeared on a long, straight bit of the road?

Like she could have very easily still caused an accident but at least she didn't do it somewhere more treacherous.

Reactions: ozentity
DanG, I can sure sympathize with your curiosity. My great grandma and her family where once traveling in an urban area. They were driving down the road and past right in the middle of a ghost. 1940s. Top hat and tails. There is a famous case called Resurrection Mary outside of Chicago. Kind of the same thing.
I will say this though, the people in that car that night are not prone to nonsense.
That Resurrection Mary story happened outside a cemetery. The story that happened to my relatives was along in area where I live is called Cemetery Row.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.