The Healing Power of Cats

Cats and Dominos. Are cats psychic? I wonder how these cats pick up on some of the cues?

This is so cute. I wonder how they get them to leave the dominos alone while setting them up
my favorite part of their antics is watching them slowly decide what to do with their paws . I know it seems their motives are all food related but my cats sometimes do things that surprise me as far as affection, they are remarkable little creatures IMO

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
my favorite part of their antics is watching them slowly decide what to do with their paws . I know it seems their motives are all food related but my cats sometimes do things that surprise me as far as affection, they are remarkable little creatures IMO
You really appreciate and enjoy your cats WG, nice to see.

Recent “research on frequencies that promote bone growth, fracture healing, pain relief ad relief of breathlessness and inflammation, show that frequencies between 20 Hertz and 150 Hertz are healing frequencies. All cat species have purr frequencies between 20 Hertz and 150 Hertz with the exception of the cheetah.” The cheetah purrs at 25, 50, 100, 125 and 150 Hertz. “This corresponds exactly with the best healing frequencies.”

Lyons notes that the purring of a cat lowers stress — petting a purring cat has a calming effect. It decreases the symptoms of dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing) in cats and humans. It also lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart disease. Cat owners have 40% less risk of having a heart attack.

The healing power of cat purrs is believed to help with infections, swelling and pain, muscle growth and repair, tendon repair and joint mobility.

The Ancient Egyptians understood this relationship centuries ago and one of the reasons they became worshipped in such forms as Mafdet, Sekhmet and Bastet. The worship of cats in ancient Egypt was well-founded. Cats saved lives by defending families from pests, such as rats in the grain stores, and dangerous animals such as snakes and scorpions. They held cats in the highest esteem and the penalties for injuring or killing a cat were severe - something that, unfortunately in our modern society, many owners could learn a thing-or-two from......

I have had cats in the past, but not currently. This is not through choice. My three dogs are anti-kitty :tearsofjoy: