The Grim Truth Behind the Pied Piper

Another "fairy tale" with the kernel of truth within it. This is why I always look a bit deeper into myths and folklore. Really good read, Duke.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
I always thought that story was a bit too creepy to be totally fabricated.What is it with German stories,Hansel and Gretel ,Krampus and the like?One of my great grandfathers was German so I think I can make this comment.

I always thought that story was a bit too creepy to be totally fabricated.What is it with German stories,Hansel and Gretel ,Krampus and the like?One of my great grandfathers was German so I think I can make this comment.
A good point, there’s some strange stories coming out of that culture.
I found the theory of extreme dancing to the point of injury and sometimes death, very strange. What actually was going on. Could it have been a mass abduction by aliens or an interdimensional being?

Reactions: ozentity
A good point, there’s some strange stories coming out of that culture.
I found the theory of extreme dancing to the point of injury and sometimes death, very strange. What actually was going on. Could it have been a mass abduction by aliens or an interdimensional being?
I didn't think of the alien,paranormal reason but an interesting theory.

Reactions: Lynne
I didn't think of the alien,paranormal reason but an interesting theory.
Just a thought. I think people write and draw what they saw and experienced. This event was recorded. Sometimes things really happen the way they’re told. I don’t know why we want to change what happened just because we don’t understand it.

Reactions: ozentity
Just a thought. I think people write and draw what they saw and experienced. This event was recorded. Sometimes things really happen the way they’re told. I don’t know why we want to change what happened just because we don’t understand it.
Maybe we are just trying to make some sort of sense of things to our way of thinking?

This can actually be made into a script. If you want adventure ,think of Indiana Jones and the Pied Piper's flute with a plot that the Nazis want the flute so bad so they can control the minds of children. If you want an action movie,you can have the descendants of the missing children suddenly appear again after hiding to conquer the world.If you want horror, you could have a detective story about why children are disappearing again similar to IT.

Last edited: