The Great Squirrel Stampede

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Ahh, yes. We in Indiana will celebrate just about anything, including squirrels eating all the crops.

Some highlights of the month long event include:

a squirrel scavenger hunt to kick off the month-long celebration. Carmel is hosting a Great Squirrel Stampede Fun Run. Sun King Brewery and Jack's Donuts locations in Fishers will have squirrel stampede menu options.

Nickel Plate Arts really engaged the Noblesville community of creatives and artists to take part in the fun. For instance, Kiln Creations crafted 300 mini squirrel sculptures that the city could hand out as a painting activity, a local dancer choreographed a "squirrel stomp" dance, and band "The Dead Squirrels" are scheduled to play at a nearby brewery.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric
This is a new one for me. I didn’t know this happened. I love squirrels as long as they stay out of the attic. They are smart little creatures.

Reactions: Debi
Squirrels can be funny, but for the most part they are destructive little buggers. I've seen quite abit of damage in attics from them and also they love to chew on stuff under your vehicle. My poor dad lol. One day he was working in the yard and a squirrel ran up and into his pant leg lol. Needless to say, chaos ensued.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I like the fact we have a local band named "The Dead Squirrels". lol

Reactions: Lynne
I love squirrels you can dress them up too: