The first time it save me from injury...

I think this is a survival instinct that many humans have lost due to a cushy modern life. Wild animals have this in abundance with prey animals having the greatest sense of danger. Rabbits are top of the list imo for good reason, everything eats them and their only defense is to run and hide. I suppose you could consider it paranormal because it can't be scientifically explained as far as I know.

I have long suspected that it is pretty common to have this ability BUT it is uncommon to learn to listen to it. My parents never told me that I was imagining things so I never tried to repress the strange feelings that lead to a premonition. Most people will assume that a kid that is saying something that sounds unlikely, they are just either imagining it or making it up. For me, it started when I was preschool age. It isn't nice when you know that when someone that you love leaves that you will never see them alive again. You don't really understand it. The last time my PawPaw came to visit us when he left I was heartbroken and just bawled. I KNEW I would never see him again. My parents just couldn't understand and tried to tell me that we would be going to see them next month...I knew we would be going there sooner than that but I would never see him alive again.

There are a lot of times when there has been more pain than pleasure in my foreseeing things. I have never known in advance that something GOOD was going to happen! It has protected me several times from injury but I can only AVOID things not stop them from happening. I have never been able to protect anyone that isn't VERY close to me with a warning. Mostly, people don't believe a warning, and then when it comes to pass they act as if I caused it somehow.

reflexes that have saved my ass on many occasions
I have had more times my reflexes saved me more than precog. I was on a job and the equipment was on the roof. There was a ladder to get onto the steep roof. As i pulled myself up, my hand slipped off the wall that was on my right. For what seemed like forever, i was falling backwards off the roof, but i grabbed the wall again and saved myself from landing back first onto the knee wall of the balcony then down two stories to the ground.

• Wow
Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I have long suspected that it is pretty common to have this ability BUT it is uncommon to learn to listen to it. My parents never told me that I was imagining things so I never tried to repress the strange feelings that lead to a premonition. Most people will assume that a kid that is saying something that sounds unlikely, they are just either imagining it or making it up. For me, it started when I was preschool age. It isn't nice when you know that when someone that you love leaves that you will never see them alive again. You don't really understand it. The last time my PawPaw came to visit us when he left I was heartbroken and just bawled. I KNEW I would never see him again. My parents just couldn't understand and tried to tell me that we would be going to see them next month...I knew we would be going there sooner than that but I would never see him alive again.

There are a lot of times when there has been more pain than pleasure in my foreseeing things. I have never known in advance that something GOOD was going to happen! It has protected me several times from injury but I can only AVOID things not stop them from happening. I have never been able to protect anyone that isn't VERY close to me with a warning. Mostly, people don't believe a warning, and then when it comes to pass they act as if I caused it somehow.
Tex, this reminds me so much of my husband. He has some gifts that he suppresses, and honestly, I didn't even know about it until we were married 10 years. He only will mention things on occasion and when I asked him why he keeps it hidden, his reply was "I never see anything good or that can change anything".

I have had more times my reflexes saved me more than precog. I was on a job and the equipment was on the roof. There was a ladder to get onto the steep roof. As i pulled myself up, my hand slipped off the wall that was on my right. For what seemed like forever, i was falling backwards off the roof, but i grabbed the wall again and saved myself from landing back first onto the knee wall of the balcony then down two stories to the ground.
This forum does not like ladder use, we have too many Whiley Coyotes here lol.

This forum does not like ladder use, we have too many Whiley Coyotes here lol.
Dear heavens NO LADDERS! After 30 days of ICU, 10 days of PCU, and 3 surgeries later with my Wile E. Coyote and a ladder I think all you guys need to stay away from them unless you have on a safety device to stop a fall! :eek:

Reactions: Lynne