The first time it save me from injury...

TexDanm

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I have always been somewhat precognizant about things that might harm me or cause me pain. I will just suddenly KNOW that something BAD is coming. Sometimes I know exactly what it is and sort of see it in my mind's eye well before it is set to happen. In most cases, it has been good and probably saved me several times from injury. When I was little though it had a bad side in that I KNEW when someone that I loved was going to die. I learned quickly not to share this with ANYONE. Somehow if you say it before it happens you sort of end up being treated as if you somehow CAUSED it.

I have always been somewhat precognizant about things that might harm me or cause me pain. I will just suddenly KNOW that something BAD is coming. Sometimes I know exactly what it is and sort of see it in my mind's eye well before it is set to happen. In most cases, it has been good and probably saved me several times from injury. When I was little though it had a bad side in that I KNEW when someone that I loved was going to die. I learned quickly not to share this with ANYONE. Somehow if you say it before it happens you sort of end up being treated as if you somehow CAUSED it.
I have that same skill, Dan. It's just suddenly "knowing"...and, like you, I learned young to be quiet about it for the most part. Back in our days of youth, there was very much that side eyed look of blame when the thing you warned about happened.

In my case, it happens on all sorts of things, and not just personal issues. I've learned that there is little to be done to avert whatever the situation coming may be.

My ex was like that. One day he told me I should call in sick to work. I asked, why, that's silly. He said I just think you should stay home from work today.

Well, I ignored his advice, and on the way to work, I was stopped at a long traffic light near the airport. Suddenly a large passenger jet went screaming overhead, and the wheels barely cleared the roof of my car.

The jet had taken a bird hit in one engine on takeoff, and it was a close call that it was even able to take off. It was on the news that evening.

Once I got to work, I called my ex and told him the story. He said, " I knew you were in danger, but I didn't want to scare you."

I remember one night a few of us were driving around and shortly after turning onto a side street, i got the most awful feeling i have ever had. Whatever it was, it nearly brought me to tears and i told my friend to turn the car around, which he did, despite the girls in the car questioning all of it. I don't know if our lives were saved that night. Never had that happen again nor to that level.

I had that just AWFUL feeling one night at work. I was working at a big shipyard. There were over 3000 people working there on two or three shifts and 6 different labor Unions. One of the Unions got crossways and walked out and put up a picket. That is called a wildcat strike. Well, I wasn't going to cross their line BUT on the second day I got a visit from a process server. I was Vice president of the machinist local at the time and as such a judge said for me to go to work or go to jail. because we were in violation of the contract and as an official I would be held in contempt of court.

I was working the 3:30 PM to midnight shift and I went to work. The first night things went fine. The second night though I got that awful feeling. It was a little like a claustrophobic panic attack. I just knew that I HAD to get out of there. I shut down and told the Boss that I wasn't feeling good at all and I wasn't lying. I was sweating and must have looked bad because he didn't give me any flack.

It was a half-mile walk to get out to the parking lot. I was riding a motorcycle that night. I clocked out and let me tell you that place was on an Island and I hit that bridge COOKING! The next day I went back to work and didn't have any problems with doing that. When I got back to the shot the night shift foreman called me over and asked if I had heard what happen last night. I had not heard anything.

Well, when that shift left that night someone was out there in the dark and he shot up the cars as they crossed the bridge. Nobody was hurt by the shooting but one of the guys panicked and lost control of his car and plowed into the side of the bridge and hit another car. Several cars lost windshields and had holes in their car. When we left that night there were cops all over the place making sure there wasn't a repeat of the shooting. My motorcycle wouldn't have offered me much protection!!!

I remember one night a few of us were driving around and shortly after turning onto a side street, i got the most awful feeling i have ever had. Whatever it was, it nearly brought me to tears and i told my friend to turn the car around, which he did, despite the girls in the car questioning all of it. I don't know if our lives were saved that night. Never had that happen again nor to that level.
I have had that before but at the time it seemed weird, my friend and I went to Santa Fe and were trying to get to the place we would spend the night but every time we got to Augua Fria street she would tell me to turn. The third time past, she was shouting to turn there. We had gone around the "block" (a mile of farm road before the next street to turn off) twice and I balked, but I ended up turning there because she was so adamant. Finally we got past Augua Fria street and found we had avoided a huge accident. Maybe the first time we would have been part of that.

A couple of times I have caused a driver I was riding with to slow down or stop because I saw something they didn't. The first time I was in the van with my mom. I was oldest so I got to ride shotgun. I was day dreaming as usual and suddenly it was as if my attention was pulled to a car two blocks up on the right. We were on a busy highway type street (before the freeway went in there) and there were a few houses and empty lots to the right. I saw a car going at least 70 mph coming towards the street we were on. I knew he was going to blow right through the whole intersection with out stopping. I told my mom "Stop, that guy is going to run the stop sign." She took her foot off the gas and put it on the brake just in time for the guy to whiz past us. Somehow he missed every one in the cross traffic.

It's amazing when something deep down (or external?) saves us from disaster. When i was t-boned at an intersection i did not receive any feelings before it happened only during the slowed down version afterward as i was sent sideways off the highway. I remember hearing in my mind turn the wheel, hit the brake. Yes, it all happened fast and there was trauma, but when i stopped i was parked between a cafe and a stone wall. That could've ended so many ways, i'd like to think what i was instructed to do (whether me or outside assistance) helped in that outcome. I also have been fortunate enough to have keen reflexes that have saved my ass on many occasions lol.

Last edited:
I think that a lot of people have these feelings but a flawed logic forces them to ignore it. For me, it started when I was young enough to accept it. I think that this sort of thing ran in my family hop skipping and jumping from generation to generation. Some it skipped and others seemed to develop certain "special" skills. My Great Grandfather was a water witch and spotted places for wells. He was rather well noted and respected. The county and local towns all came to him when they were drilling new major wells.

You are wise to listen to that inner voice.

I think that a lot of people have these feelings but a flawed logic forces them to ignore it. For me, it started when I was young enough to accept it. I think that this sort of thing ran in my family hop skipping and jumping from generation to generation. Some it skipped and others seemed to develop certain "special" skills. My Great Grandfather was a water witch and spotted places for wells. He was rather well noted and respected. The county and local towns all came to him when they were drilling new major wells.
You are lucky to have this gift. I agree I think we all have a degree of intuition but some have it in spades.