The first time I think I might have manipulated matter.

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
The following event occurred in 1988.

I was at work and a female coworker (who was also a close friend) asked me to take a short break with her late in the day - maybe around 3PM.

Our office building had a lunchroom with several vending machines; the lunchroom also contained a very small kitchen. This lunchroom was one of five doors off of a hallway. Though the hallway was long, all five doors were very close together and within view of anyone in the hall. There was only a single door leading from the lunchroom into the kitchen with no other way out. I'm sharing all of this floor plan info to try to substantiate my claim that if anyone else had been anywhere near the lunchroom at the same time as us, it would have been evident to us. And, there was no one else around when the two of us reached the lunchroom nor was there any human traffic in the hallway during the 15 seconds leading up to our arrival at the lunchroom doorway.

Okay, enough of that level setting stuff.

So the two of us entered into the empty lunchroom and headed for the vending machines. My friend was talking some nonessential chatter behind me as we stepped up to one of the junk food machines. With my friend still behind me - I'm between her and the vending machine - she asked me what I might be thinking of buying. I'm eying the machine's content and see many snack brands which I'd never buy unless prompted to do so. As I scanned the machine's content, my attention is suddenly caught by a box of Hot Tamales candy; this is a candy that I loved as a child but didn't know was still around in the 80's. As soon as it caught my eye, I also recognized that the packaging was much more colorful than it used to be. So my heavily analytical mind did an immediate visual comparison of the old and new packaging - superimposing one over the other so I could spy the differences in the box cover art (what a dweeb, I know).

My conscious attention was instantly so very fully focused on that box. My vision suddenly shifted zooming in and my entire field of view appeared to be completely filled with an image of this candy box. It was almost like I was one inch tall and standing inside the machine right in front of that box - I couldn't perceive even the edges of the box as my field of vision was so focused, filled, and narrowed.

And then, one box of that candy dropped out of the machine. Of course, neither one of us had put any money in the slot; I don't even recall if either of us had a hand on the machine.

Then a second box of the same candy dropped out of the machine.

And then, nothing more. I pushed my hand into the vending machine's receiving bin and felt around - there were two, and only two boxes of candy. That was it. Just two boxes of this specific candy fell from their station to become our afternoon treats. And the vending machine was not (while we were in the lunchroom) continuing to spit out candy for free.

It took me some many years to come to consider that I might have had an influence on that event. Other events which happened 12 years later made me think back to that possible first time that I influenced the physical world around me and reconsider the possibilities which I did not want to think of a decade earlier.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you've read that they are now proving that we DO influence our world around us? Quantum phsyics and all? Lots of new studies are showing it is real, Wands. I do believe you DID influence that candy to drop!

I'm assuming you've read that they are now proving that we DO influence our world around us? Quantum phsyics and all? Lots of new studies are showing it is real, Wands. I do believe you DID influence that candy to drop!

Yes Debi, in fact you posted a fairly comprehensive thread on at point sometime I believe earlier this year. In fact in reading that thread it made me think too about what I call my "psychic connection to paper." I forgot about that until you repeated this point - maybe I'll post about that too because it is kind of fun an quirky.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
The following event occurred in 1988.

I was at work and a female coworker (who was also a close friend) asked me to take a short break with her late in the day - maybe around 3PM.

Our office building had a lunchroom with several vending machines; the lunchroom also contained a very small kitchen. This lunchroom was one of five doors off of a hallway. Though the hallway was long, all five doors were very close together and within view of anyone in the hall. There was only a single door leading from the lunchroom into the kitchen with no other way out. I'm sharing all of this floor plan info to try to substantiate my claim that if anyone else had been anywhere near the lunchroom at the same time as us, it would have been evident to us. And, there was no one else around when the two of us reached the lunchroom nor was there any human traffic in the hallway during the 15 seconds leading up to our arrival at the lunchroom doorway.

Okay, enough of that level setting stuff.

So the two of us entered into the empty lunchroom and headed for the vending machines. My friend was talking some nonessential chatter behind me as we stepped up to one of the junk food machines. With my friend still behind me - I'm between her and the vending machine - she asked me what I might be thinking of buying. I'm eying the machine's content and see many snack brands which I'd never buy unless prompted to do so. As I scanned the machine's content, my attention is suddenly caught by a box of Hot Tamales candy; this is a candy that I loved as a child but didn't know was still around in the 80's. As soon as it caught my eye, I also recognized that the packaging was much more colorful than it used to be. So my heavily analytical mind did an immediate visual comparison of the old and new packaging - superimposing one over the other so I could spy the differences in the box cover art (what a dweeb, I know).

My conscious attention was instantly so very fully focused on that box. My vision suddenly shifted zooming in and my entire field of view appeared to be completely filled with an image of this candy box. It was almost like I was one inch tall and standing inside the machine right in front of that box - I couldn't perceive even the edges of the box as my field of vision was so focused, filled, and narrowed.

And then, one box of that candy dropped out of the machine. Of course, neither one of us had put any money in the slot; I don't even recall if either of us had a hand on the machine.

Then a second box of the same candy dropped out of the machine.

And then, nothing more. I pushed my hand into the vending machine's receiving bin and felt around - there were two, and only two boxes of candy. That was it. Just two boxes of this specific candy fell from their station to become our afternoon treats. And the vending machine was not (while we were in the lunchroom) continuing to spit out candy for free.

It took me some many years to come to consider that I might have had an influence on that event. Other events which happened 12 years later made me think back to that possible first time that I influenced the physical world around me and reconsider the possibilities which I did not want to think of a decade earlier.
Good story, WandS, and I also believe that you moved the boxes. What was the reaction of your colleague ?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Good story, WandS, and I also believe that you moved the boxes. What was the reaction of your colleague ?

Thank you 7-Critter for that vote of confidence.

The unfortunate thing is that I was standing between her and the vending machine so she didn't actually see the the candy move - she only knows that there was candy in the bin once I reached inside.

And, I felt like I was in a little bit of an altered state for a few minutes because of the significant changes in my visual perception. So I was mentally inside myself for those few minutes unprepared to try to tell her verbally what I'd just been through. So she didn't really have much of a reaction beyond, "I guess I'll have the free candy then."

The funny thing is that she is still one of my very closest friends today. Six of us (me and my GF) went on a cruise just over a month ago to celebrate knowing each other for 32 years. But the other four friends - though they are closest to my heart - are four of the people who I have never "come out to" as a mystic. I have allowed a total of 20 other friends (and the PNF Crew) into my psychic world, but I have always protected those four friends from that side of me...which I suspect is really just a way of protecting myself instead.

I also have never "come out" to any of my family either. But the deceased ones might know if they happen to be checking in on me.

Wands you are such a beautiful soul. At least that’s from what I perceive from your posts. Thank you for sharing and helping everyone to grow in knowledge here. When my daughter was young I had no help with dealing with her gifts. I was distraught at times reaching out to many and getting judgement instead of help. Having a place like this I believe helps people in search of answers. Your sharing is a gift !

This event is very telling of your ability. From what you’ve described so far it seems like your consciousness can act independent of your body. This is similar to what some near death expierencers describe. Also remote viewers and out of body practicers. It’s as though you can move unrestrained into that state upon focusing or when triggered. Have you ever tried remote viewing? I bet you would excel at it. Forgive me if I’ve tried to label your talents. I’m just assembling them in a way I can grasp.

Wands you are such a beautiful soul. At least that’s from what I perceive from your posts. Thank you for sharing and helping everyone to grow in knowledge here. When my daughter was young I had no help with dealing with her gifts. I was distraught at times reaching out to many and getting judgement instead of help. Having a place like this I believe helps people in search of answers. Your sharing is a gift !

Thank you Lynne for the wonderful and supporting thoughts. I think the fear of judgement for something that I have no control over is why there are still critically important persons in my life that I have not told about my experiences and skills.

Interesting though, that I just realized, that one of the persons I feared losing the most was my ex-roommate but I “came out” to him. I should have referred in the prior post to seven of us that were extremely close but my ex-roommate went through a bad divorce and after that he grew away from the rest of us. Hence as mentioned in that post only six of us went cruising earlier this year. Of the five of my friends (which doesn’t include my GF because she’s always known I am psychic as she discovered I was reading her thoughts), all of whom are very mundane, my ex-roommate was the one who was the MOST tied to the physical world. When I sat down and spoke to him openly one night - after he married - about many of my experiences, his response was, “WandS, you know I don’t believe in this stuff. However, if I did, or if it is ever proven to be true, you would be the very first person who I believe it would actually happen to.”

Now that I think back on that “coming out”, it wasn’t scary at all. I’m certain I feared doing it. But it was in fact so “not scary” that I nearly forgot I ever did it.

I’m glad we met up here Lynne to be able to share with others and each other. I agree this is the place where our experiences might help others.

This event is very telling of your ability. From what you’ve described so far it seems like your consciousness can act independent of your body. This is similar to what some near death expierencers describe. Also remote viewers and out of body practicers. It’s as though you can move unrestrained into that state upon focusing or when triggered. Have you ever tried remote viewing? I bet you would excel at it. Forgive me if I’ve tried to label your talents. I’m just assembling them in a way I can grasp.

No worries Lynne as here on the PNF I don’t fear anything. Even for me, on my own, I need some labels to help me better understand these mystical occurrences. You can imagine that it would not help me at all to want to learn about the barn full of animals you have if I was uncomfortable with or unwilling to consider the categorization of cats, dogs, horses, and llamas.

In fact, I love your use of labels! It is not until your post - with labels - that I have even considered that this incident with the vending machine might involve the separation of my psyche/soul from my body. Now that you create the opportunity for me to open to that kind of thought, it is in fact true that I felt disassociated and unstable for the few minutes afterwards. Maybe the reason I felt disassociated was because I WAS momentarily out of body.

In the 12 years after that vending machine event, I did experience twice the exact same kind of acute change in my visual perception. Both times happening concurrent with - possibly even triggering - separate mystical events.

As for remote viewing, I have not. But I will entertain all relevant input from anyone who has experience with that technique. I think of remote viewing as a technique for accessing concurrent or contemporaneous info in contrast to my premonitions of future events. Though I haven’t tried remote viewing, I have made a few (no more than three) very half-hearted attempts at scrying. I didn’t invest my entire self into those scrying attempts and consequently didn’t have any results. I’m convinced that my experience with one terrifying premonition is at the center of my reluctance to try scrying for real. I think scrying seemed a little like a homeopathic solution to trying to control my premonitions. It was that terrifying premonition - along with my fear of risk to uncontrolled influences on my physical environment - which sent me off searching wrongly to find a technique within Wicca to control either or both of those phenomena.

Last edited:
I am glad to have met up with you WandS. I enjoy reading about your experiences; and I have learned from these posts.

Thank you much Critter. It is your kind of support - which seems pretty broadly available here - that is making it possible to break this next emotional wall for me. That support, and the willingness of several other posters to share their own really incredible experiences, allowed me to post this first really simplistic event. Next comes my slightly more thought provoking and personal occurrences; those will be posted in separate threads.