The fifth time I think I might have manipulated matter.

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Quick caveat: I posted a thread of the similar name yesterday but I corrected that thread’s name.

This “card trick” event occurred back in April, 2003. As mentioned in some other long ago thread, I had been taking some Wicca (and similar) classes in the prior 18 months. Because of the relationship of trust that had grown amongst many of the witches I’d meet up with, those of us who were learners would sometimes attend learning opportunities together even if just to provide support to one another.

So one of my “witch friends” invited the rest of us (fewer than 12) to attend a Tarot class she was presenting at a local coffeehouse. That was happening the weekend immediately before my GF and I were to move from San Diego to Florida. As crazy busy as we were with administering the move, I still felt a strong desire to attend that class specifically in support of that presenter as well as a couple of others in our group who indicated they too would attend.

Since my GF is generally a sceptic about most things, other than my telepathy, I invited her to spend her morning with me meeting for the first time my elite group of “witch friends”. Though she too was crazy over administering our move, she knew this was an important part of my spiritual life. That and I promised she’d be safe from hexes because she’d be with me. Plus, there would be pastries and lattes. She agreed to tag along.

I didn’t intend that we would stay for the entire four hour class; so I elected not to take my own tarot deck. I was going to be there more to “audit” the class than to be an active learner. When we arrived there were probably 20 people including three who I knew as my “witch friends” - one of who was the presenter. They were happy to meet my GF and, knowing that we weren’t there as learners, they asked if we would instead volunteer to be read by the other students. We agreed to the degree that we could fit those readings into our limited time there.

The table where we gathered was crowded. The presenter was at one end and I sat with the other two “witch friends” squeezed at the opposite end of the table. Because of space and her minimal interest in the topic, my GF chose to sit behind and kind of between the three of us.

The class switched back and forth between short targeted lectures about specific tarot cards and the related “readings” lab exercises. My GF and I participated as the subjects in the first two of those reading labs.

It was getting late and my GF and I had to leave. But since I knew it was the last time I’d be seeing those three friends, I wanted to ensure they knew that I had grown through and appreciated our paranormal relationships. I was uncertain how to actually say it with enough conviction; so I decided to show it instead. I could feel a positive energy flowing through us all - not emanating from me - but just flowing everywhere. It had been there all morning but I’d been trying to ignore it until this very moment.

As the presenter began her third lecture session, I looked up across the table to nod at her as the silent reminder that we had to leave quickly. Then I turned to my friend sitting on my left, caught his gaze, and motioned with my eyes and head movement to invite him to focus his attention on the random tarot deck that was sitting in front of me. At that moment, the presenter announced the next tarot card she wanted to discuss. Though it felt like slow motion to me, and a little bit contrived, it was only a couple of seconds. I reached out to that tarot deck, and cutting it seemingly randomly, I picked up the top portion of the deck where I had cut it. I lifted up my hand and turned the bottom card (from somewhere in the middle of the deck) towards my friend to show that I had cut to that exact same card. My GF saw the same thing over my shoulder.

The presenter knew I must have done something silly from the sudden sound of air sucking made by my friend and my GF. So she paused her tutoring and asked, “What?”. The friend sitting next to me described what he just saw and the presenter asked me playfully if I had “...any other parting words.”

Directed mostly at my three “witch friends” and my GF, but still intended for everyone there, I told them that some energy bigger than me...bigger than just those of us at the table...”wanted” me to cut that tarot deck to show that magick is in fact real. I made the point that anyone there with any skepticism should set it aside and open their hearts and minds to the very real possibility of seemingly mystic results.

I said my final tearful goodbyes to my three “witch friends” and moved onward with my GF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
Good story, WandS. I always say that I have no special gifts. This story reminded me that at times, I do have nudges. I cannot cut to a specific card as WandS has described, but I have cut a deck of cards and correctly guessed the card at the bottom of the deck in my hand. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally when we are playing cards or I am just messing around with a deck, I cut and correctly name the card. twenty five percent of the time, no, but perhaps 5 % of the time.

Good story, WandS. I always say that I have no special gifts. This story reminded me that at times, I do have nudges. I cannot cut to a specific card as WandS has described, but I have cut a deck of cards and correctly guessed the card at the bottom of the deck in my hand. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally when we are playing cards or I am just messing around with a deck, I cut and correctly name the card. twenty five percent of the time, no, but perhaps 5 % of the time.

That’s using your mystical side 7! There’s less than 2% chance of that happening totally randomly.

Reactions: Lynne
Quick caveat: I posted a thread of the similar name yesterday but I corrected that thread’s name.

This “card trick” event occurred back in April, 2003. As mentioned in some other long ago thread, I had been taking some Wicca (and similar) classes in the prior 18 months. Because of the relationship of trust that had grown amongst many of the witches I’d meet up with, those of us who were learners would sometimes attend learning opportunities together even if just to provide support to one another.

So one of my “witch friends” invited the rest of us (fewer than 12) to attend a Tarot class she was presenting at a local coffeehouse. That was happening the weekend immediately before my GF and I were to move from San Diego to Florida. As crazy busy as we were with administering the move, I still felt a strong desire to attend that class specifically in support of that presenter as well as a couple of others in our group who indicated they too would attend.

Since my GF is generally a sceptic about most things, other than my telepathy, I invited her to spend her morning with me meeting for the first time my elite group of “witch friends”. Though she too was crazy over administering our move, she knew this was an important part of my spiritual life. That and I promised she’d be safe from hexes because she’d be with me. Plus, there would be pastries and lattes. She agreed to tag along.

I didn’t intend that we would stay for the entire four hour class; so I elected not to take my own tarot deck. I was going to be there more to “audit” the class than to be an active learner. When we arrived there were probably 20 people including three who I knew as my “witch friends” - one of who was the presenter. They were happy to meet my GF and, knowing that we weren’t there as learners, they asked if we would instead volunteer to be read by the other students. We agreed to the degree that we could fit those readings into our limited time there.

The table where we gathered was crowded. The presenter was at one end and I sat with the other two “witch friends” squeezed at the opposite end of the table. Because of space and her minimal interest in the topic, my GF chose to sit behind and kind of between the three of us.

The class switched back and forth between short targeted lectures about specific tarot cards and the related “readings” lab exercises. My GF and I participated as the subjects in the first two of those reading labs.

It was getting late and my GF and I had to leave. But since I knew it was the last time I’d be seeing those three friends, I wanted to ensure they knew that I had grown through and appreciated our paranormal relationships. I was uncertain how to actually say it with enough conviction; so I decided to show it instead. I could feel a positive energy flowing through us all - not emanating from me - but just flowing everywhere. It had been there all morning but I’d been trying to ignore it until this very moment.

As the presenter began her third lecture session, I looked up across the table to nod at her as the silent reminder that we had to leave quickly. Then I turned to my friend sitting on my left, caught his gaze, and motioned with my eyes and head movement to invite him to focus his attention on the random tarot deck that was sitting in front of me. At that moment, the presenter announced the next tarot card she wanted to discuss. Though it felt like slow motion to me, and a little bit contrived, it was only a couple of seconds. I reached out to that tarot deck, and cutting it seemingly randomly, I picked up the top portion of the deck where I had cut it. I lifted up my hand and turned the bottom card (from somewhere in the middle of the deck) towards my friend to show that I had cut to that exact same card. My GF saw the same thing over my shoulder.

The presenter knew I must have done something silly from the sudden sound of air sucking made by my friend and my GF. So she paused her tutoring and asked, “What?”. The friend sitting next to me described what he just saw and the presenter asked me playfully if I had “...any other parting words.”

Directed mostly at my three “witch friends” and my GF, but still intended for everyone there, I told them that some energy bigger than me...bigger than just those of us at the table...”wanted” me to cut that tarot deck to show that magick is in fact real. I made the point that anyone there with any skepticism should set it aside and open their hearts and minds to the very real possibility of seemingly mystic results.

I said my final tearful goodbyes to my three “witch friends” and moved onward with my GF.
Now that’s how to make an exit! Another amazing event !!!

Now that’s how to make an exit! Another amazing event !!!

You're funny. I didn't think of it that way until I re-read my final short sentence and then re-read your post Lynne. I've never used the term before but it's kind of like...

"Booya, and drop the mike! I'm outtie."

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
You're funny. I didn't think of it that way until I re-read my final short sentence and then re-read your post Lynne. I've never used the term before but it's kind of like...

"Booya, and drop the mike! I'm outtie."
EXAXTLY !!

Reactions: WitchAndShaman