The Family "Character"

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
IT'S FAMILY REUNION/GET TOGETHER TIME! IN EVERY FAMILY, THERE SEEMS TO BE THAT ONE "CHARACTER"..THE MEMBER WHO IS GREETED WITH, "OH! SHE'S HERE! THAT SHOULD LIVEN UP THE PARTY" OR "OH! SHE'S HERE! GET IN THE CAR KIDS, IT'S TIME TO GO!"

WHO'S YOUR FAMILY CHARACTER? ARE YOU LAUGHING OR RUNNING WHEN THEY ARRIVE?

YOU KNOW, OF COURSE, THE THIRD OPTION IS THAT YOU ARE THAT CHARACTER.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver
Sorry to say that nearly all of those “characters” in my family have passed. They are only going to attend through evocation.

Of those still living, I’d say my oldest nephew. He’s 57 years old and has been married more times than Zsa Zsa. In fact...I think he might have been married to her at one point too. Between marriages he stays with, and creates grief for, random family members.

Last edited:
My family character as a child was my Aunt Betty. Although she was 4 ft. 8", maybe 90 pounds soaking wet, she could enter a doorway and it was like fireworks went off! She was loud and never stopped talking! Seriously....the woman could talk! She was funny, always took us kids' side in things, and was normally at war with my mom who loved to be in control, Betty stirred chaos wherever she went. We kids loved her...the other adults were not so amused. :p

My family character as a child was my Aunt Betty. Although she was 4 ft. 8", maybe 90 pounds soaking wet, she could enter a doorway and it was like fireworks went off! She was loud and never stopped talking! Seriously....the woman could talk! She was funny, always took us kids' side in things, and was normally at war with my mom who loved to be in control, Betty stirred chaos wherever she went. We kids loved her...the other adults were not so amused. :p

Sounds like Aunt Betty liked to stir the pot a pit there Debi.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I'm going to go with WandS that these annoying ,funny, characters seem to be from a past era,the new gen are as dull as dishwater.I had my great uncle who was 27stone(huge in those days)looked like Fat Albert and would have you rolling in laughter as soon as he hit the door.A great bloke and sadly missed by all.

I'm going to go with WandS that these annoying ,funny, characters seem to be from a past era,the new gen are as dull as dishwater.I had my great uncle who was 27stone(huge in those days)looked like Fat Albert and would have you rolling in laughter as soon as he hit the door.A great bloke and sadly missed by all.
Which now leaves me as that character. :p No young ones wanted the job, so I just took over.

That’s interesting Debi because the last thing I would want to do is stand out. Even inside of my family crowd I’d like to shrink away; nice to know that you’ll step up and take the reins.
I don't actually try to.....I'm actually rather shy and nervous in new places. So I use humor to cope, and viola...it happens. I have a "way with words"...sometimes in a rather funny manner.

My empathy makes me want to withdraw in a crowd. But within my family where I can’t get away, my empathy makes me want to try to “level out” all the varied emotions. I seem to want to find a way to even out all of the highs and lows across the entire tribe.