The Existence of Animal Ghosts

spiritsofthewoods37

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Phil and I am a new member of the community.

Recently, I was hiking in the woods near my home just as it was getting dark. I began to hear rustling to my side. When I turned to look, there was nothing there. A few minutes later I heard it again and when I turned my head I saw a faint silver outline of what looked like an animal. As I neared the the end of the hike and it got darker, whenever I heard rustling I could look towards it and see the animal again just slipping behind a tree, but brighter and easier to see. When I turned the last bend, at the end of the path where the woods opened up ahead of me, I could see the animal in the distance. It was the brightest I had seen yet and stood in the path facing me. It had the build of a deer but was far off and slightly distorted so hard to tell for sure.

This got me thinking a lot and I wanted to ask some with more experience than me. What do you think it may have been that I saw? Are there ghosts of animals in the woods and wilderness, just as human ghosts have sometimes been seen? Anyone else have any experience with animal ghosts?

Hi Spirit and welcome!

I've not had in the woods experiences, but have had with my pets who have passed on. I've had them come and visit, leaving paw prints and even lifting the blanket to curl in a ball under them like one of my furbabies used to do. Although I have lived near the woods many years, my walks in them have never shown me any there, but I would not discount them.

I'm going to move your post to the Paranormal Experiences thread as that's where everyone goes for personal stories and I think more people will respond there for you. Hope you don't mind the move!

Welcome to the forum SOTW. So did this seem like a faint image, or that it could have possibly been some physical creature?

It definitely wasn't a physical creature, it would sometimes be on one side of the path, sometimes the other. Without me ever see it cross the path. As well whenever it went behind a tree it did not appear on the other side. It was faint, mostly just the outline of white light, but was easier to see as it got darker out.

We have had one member give an account of a "see through" creature she saw crossing the road and disappearing as it went into some bushes. Just faded out and went poof.

Elemental beings have also been reported to do the same thing.

Reactions: ghostkind
i had an experience seeing what i believe is a zombie cat. i will post the story when i write it up. it happened in the 1990s.

Being a dog person,I have ten atm,have had many pass over through the years.I have seen 4 dog ghost/spirits.One after I had a very loyal staffy pts after an accident.I called my dogs in one afternoon and she came right up to my feet and then disappeared,could see her brindle colour but was transparent.Another,a pup was hit by a car after escaping my yard,I carried the pup back into the yard and put him on the lawn to see his injuries,but he died straight away.As he passed I saw a green mist type thing rise out of him into the night sky.A little mini chihuahua house dog who was jumping up trying to get in the bed with me one night,I went to pick him up then realized he had died a month before,I could see him and hear his whimpering.And recently one of my little whippets{one of two sisters) died from a grass seed in the lung.She had a very cute habit of putting her head on your belly and pushing her head back and forth.Her sister a very noble type never would think of doing it.When I came back from the vet after she died,devastated,her serious sis jumped up and rubbed her head on my belly.I'm sure it was the other dogs spirit letting me know she was still with us.needless to say I was a blubbering mess for a while,but felt a great feeling of love.

Reactions: Lynne and ghostkind
Welcome, I think so. I once got a glimpse of our boy doggie we lost and it was two years later. I was doing the computer and turned my head and saw him sitting there looking at me all pretty. Just been groomed and he could see. Then it was gone really fast. A quick flash. But I believe he wanted to come visit and let me know he was still around. I'm glad he got all cleaned up in Heaven because at the end, he wouldn't let anyone bathe him cause he couldn't see. So we just stopped the last weeks. I felt so bad on that. But it was comforting to see him that way. I have had signs of my other doggies reaching out to me. I believe that was a ghost animal in the woods. A deer that passed away then. That's sad. But bet he or s he was very pretty in the light. Welcome. I'm new here too. With my friend Ghostkind, she brought me over. Glad I came. Enjoy.

Being a dog person,I have ten atm,have had many pass over through the years.I have seen 4 dog ghost/spirits.One after I had a very loyal staffy pts after an accident.I called my dogs in one afternoon and she came right up to my feet and then disappeared,could see her brindle colour but was transparent.Another,a pup was hit by a car after escaping my yard,I carried the pup back into the yard and put him on the lawn to see his injuries,but he died straight away.As he passed I saw a green mist type thing rise out of him into the night sky.A little mini chihuahua house dog who was jumping up trying to get in the bed with me one night,I went to pick him up then realized he had died a month before,I could see him and hear his whimpering.And recently one of my little whippets{one of two sisters) died from a grass seed in the lung.She had a very cute habit of putting her head on your belly and pushing her head back and forth.Her sister a very noble type never would think of doing it.When I came back from the vet after she died,devastated,her serious sis jumped up and rubbed her head on my belly.I'm sure it was the other dogs spirit letting me know she was still with us.needless to say I was a blubbering mess for a while,but felt a great feeling of love.
that's so sweet and sad.

Reactions: ozentity