The Dying Light

The Dying Light: Exploring the strange phenomenon of lights seen at the time of death - The Daily Grail

The Dying Light: Exploring the strange phenomenon of lights seen at the time of death

Have you heard of this or seen it before?

This reminds me of discussions I've had about such topics with Mrs Duke. As I've mentioned before, she was an ICU nurse for better than 40 years. In all those years, she never saw/experienced a single paranormal event despite being present at the death of literally hundreds of people across a wide range of demographics. She also says she's never had a patient relate an NDE experience.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Good story. I have never seen such a light, but then again, I have rarely been at the side of some dying.

My sense is that the light is some entity from the other side helping / guiding the dying person pass on to the other side. The air of goodness felt by humans is a way to ease any anxious feelings. Just my opinion. Why is this only seen in some circumstances ? Good question.

This reminds me of discussions I've had about such topics with Mrs Duke. As I've mentioned before, she was an ICU nurse for better than 40 years. In all those years, she never saw/experienced a single paranormal event despite being present at the death of literally hundreds of people across a wide range of demographics. She also says she's never had a patient relate an NDE experience.
Study Shows That 55% of Nurses Report Paranormal Experiences - HistoryDisclosure.com

I'll pass that along. She also has said none of her nursing colleagues, including her Mom and sister, have ever related a similar experience, but that may be more a function of them not wanting to say anything to coworkers.
Bingo (sometimes) Duke.

But I sincerely think that even the most compassionate caregiver is not necessarily inclined to “see the light”. I believe that even caregivers sometimes cannot get outside their scientific medical practical thinking. They are just so often - too often - thinking about the care process even subconsciously to be able to see the subtler paranormal occurrences.

I will offer up another possibility here. Medical professionals often have to put up a professional "wall", especially those that work with the most ill and dying. That wall is actually a shield, whether people know they are forming one or not. In some cases, certain events will go unnoticed or not be shared because of that wall. The psychic connection can not be made many times because of that wall/shield.

And then again, some of us are simply wired differently as natural receptors. Stuff happens to us.

And then again, some of us are simply wired differently as natural receptors. Stuff happens to us.
Required rhetorical statement, “I hear it is good to be different... :( ...said WandS”

Debi, I know you have shared several other kinds of paranormal occurrences in your career. But did you hear other geriatric caregivers comment on this phenomenon?

Reactions: garnetsilver
Medical professionals often have to put up a professional "wall", especially those that work with the most ill and dying.
When I read that, I heard a wall so as to not get too attached to any one patient and later suffer the loss of a close friend. Is that what you mean ?

Reactions: Lynne