The Dowsing Phenomenon

I have seen several sensitives use them. All are adult women.
I have SLS evidence of one woman's spirit guide actually manipulating the rods in her hands in answer to her questions. During the same session a few minutes later, as she is describing a portal in the room, an EVP is recorded saying "it's there", as if corroborating her description. Those pieces of data pretty much proved to me that she is the real deal, and uses the dowsing rods as an effective communication tool.

Reactions: Black Cloud
I've made dowsing rods using welding rods and copper tubing. They do respond to environmental conditions. I'm not sure what the conditions are they responded to but they definitely crossed on their own. I was not asking questions or searching for anything in particular.

Reactions: Benway
I've made dowsing rods using welding rods and copper tubing. They do respond to environmental conditions. I'm not sure what the conditions are they responded to but they definitely crossed on their own. I was not asking questions or searching for anything in particular.
Reminds me of helping my friend run one of his public, charity paranormal investigations at a local "pioneer settlement " a couple years ago. One of the other volunteers was a local "sensitive" who demonstrated dowsing rods.

After explaining to the group how the rods worked, she told the group she'd ask a series of questions, then invite the attendees to ask questions. After a long series of questions all evoked a "yes" response, one of the attendees asked "Will the sun rise in the West tomorrow?". The answer was again, "Yes." "Maybe time for a tune up," quipped the sensitive.

Reminds me of helping my friend run one of his public, charity paranormal investigations as a local "pioneer settlement " a couple years ago. One of the other volunteers was a local "sensitive" who demonstrated dowsing rods.

After explaining to the group how the rods worked, she told the group she'd ask a series of questions, then invite the attendees to ask questions. After a long series of questions all evoked "yes" response, one of the attendees asked "Will the sun rise in the West tomorrow?". The answer was again, "Yes." "Maybe time for a tune up," quipped the sensitive.
Yup. They do water, not omniscient knowledge.
When I was at school our physics teacher had a good eye for when our attention was drifting and would interrupt the lesson with something different, before getting us to go back to work refreshed. One time he announced a flash experiment to find out if dowsing worked and produced dowsing rods.
It worked like this: Under the classroom was a water main, however while he knew it's course none of us did. We were to try to plot its course by dowsing. This met a lot of skepticism and outright incredulity, but we set to it. Those who believed in it quickly found the rods crossing all along a line across the floor and nowhere else. I had a go and it was the same. Some hardcore skeptics tried, expecting to demolish the whole thing, only to find the rods crossing in the same place.
We were stunned. The teacher simply said, 'I know that it it works, but we don't know how it works.'
Then we got back to work.

Yup. They do water, not omniscient knowledge.
Not entirely true, from my experience.

The rods are not an electronic device, they don't really do anything. My understanding is that it's the user who is making them work. Without a skilled user, they are just bent pieces of metal.

The sensitive I worked with claimed that it was her spirit guide that moved the rods. The entity that my SLS camera clearly showed as manipulating the rods. She asked it what rod movement signifies yes, (usually crossing), what signifies no (usually diverging). She then asked her questions and got answers she could understand.
The EVP right afterwards also added to the evidence.

I used to think it was just a "water-witching" tool, but no longer. The rods serve as some kind of antenna or dial on a meter, but it does take a certain person to wield them correctly.

Your mileage may vary.

I have a vague memory from around 5 years old of someone doing some dowsing on our property in the SF Bay area. I think it was one of my grandmothers. At the time I didn't understand what she was doing but it seemed very odd to me. I think she did find something but, AFAIK, no digging was done to confirm it.

Not entirely true, from my experience.

The rods are not an electronic device, they don't really do anything. My understanding is that it's the user who is making them work. Without a skilled user, they are just bent pieces of metal.

The sensitive I worked with claimed that it was her spirit guide that moved the rods. The entity that my SLS camera clearly showed as manipulating the rods. She asked it what rod movement signifies yes, (usually crossing), what signifies no (usually diverging). She then asked her questions and got answers she could understand.
The EVP right afterwards also added to the evidence.

I used to think it was just a "water-witching" tool, but no longer. The rods serve as some kind of antenna or dial on a meter, but it does take a certain person to wield them correctly.

Your mileage may vary.
It seems there are two different things here. In my case it was L-shaped rods and a room full of normal teenagers some of whom wanted to prove it was all nonsense and yet it even in their hands the rods crossed over the pipeline.
The other thing is using a rod for divination, which would require special ability. Despite using the same tool at times I don't think they are the same thing; at least not after reading this, as what you have seen is almost opposite to what I saw!

Ben, I was a total skeptic until I saw that. Hard to refute. My jaw was on the ground.