The Doorway Effect

I have had this happen before. I also have the 'side track effect'. The other day i was at the supply house and saw our usual delivery guy there. We got talking and he said the code to our door had changed and he could not get in. So upon getting my order, i was on my way back to our shop. The entire way, i kept thinking of the code thing and that quick, the alarm code went poof from my memory lol. I pulled up to the shop and found the code for the back door had not changed...but i still could not remember for the life of me the alarm code. I thought routine would take over and i'd enter it as fast as i always have...nope lol. Now granted, i have not entered the code in awhile as the other guys have been getting there before me...but i could not believe that was forgotten. As the alarm was beeping i made a call quick to one of the guys and got it...smacking my head afterwards lol.

From the article:

" The good news? The doorway effect is a normal brain function. “It means that our brains are parsing up the world in a perfectly normal and adaptive way,” Dr. Radvansky says. "

Its good to know that I am a good parser.

From the article:

" The good news? The doorway effect is a normal brain function. “It means that our brains are parsing up the world in a perfectly normal and adaptive way,” Dr. Radvansky says. "

LOL Boy, can I "parse"! So much so I write everything down that may be important, otherwise I parse it right out.

Reactions: Selectric
From the article:

Let's see you conjugate the verb "to parse."

• Haha
Reactions: Debi