The Dobby Video

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

The 'alien' at the center of a bizarre video that went viral this summer may have been unmasked by way of a rather odd bit of investigative journalism. The weird piece of security camera footage seemingly showing some kind of creature frolicking in a Colorado woman's driveway popped up on Facebook back in June and quickly captured the imagination of people online in large part due to the entity's uncanny resemblance to the Harry Potter character 'Dobby.'

Featured on countless national and local news programs, the curious video conjured up considerable speculation as to who or what was filmed in the woman's driveway. Alongside the usual paranormal explanations such as an alien or an elf, skeptical observers postulated that the 'creature' could have been a puppet or, failing that, simply a skinny child wearing something on his head. Specifically, many people suggested that the entity was, in fact, the woman's son, although he denied playing the role of 'Dobby' in the video and claimed that he was on the couch with his mother at the time that the oddity appeared.

Nonetheless, the television show Inside Edition recently visited the family's home in an attempt to put his denial to the test. Noting that the predominant theory was that the 'alien' was really the boy dancing in his driveway with underwear on his head, the program actually convinced the youngster to don a pair of boxer shorts on his noggin and recreate the video. Although the two pieces of footage were clearly filmed using different cameras, a side-by-side comparison of the scenes certainly seems to suggest that boy was behind the 'alien,' even if he continues to deny having a hand in the viral sensation.

Watch: Viral Driveway 'Alien' Unmasked? - Coast to Coast AM

I think the creature looked much thinner than the boy. His legs were longer. There is something real about how this thing moved. It looks like a creature to me.

I think the creature looked much thinner than the boy. His legs were longer. There is something real about how this thing moved. It looks like a creature to me.

I’d like for it to be real...I would appreciate having a house elf of my own.

I was willing to set my skepticism aside until that figure did the Chicken Dance then I knew it was a flippin human. Aliens and elves do not know the Chicken Dance.