The "Diet" Word

It's summer and people will be eating BBQ, Fair Food, and other delicious items.
And then there are some of us who look at those foods and can see only calories.
With the "summer bod" on many minds, do you still "diet"?
It seems to me many are just watching eating habits and not calling it dieting anymore, and with the new weight loss drugs it appears to be vanishing.
What is your approach?
Eating healthy with occasional indulgence or going for the full out "diet" approach?
View attachment 48305
I've been working on a beer & ice cream diet...I'll let ya know how it goes.

I never went on a diet. Getting older, yeah, i should and do most of the time watch what i eat and when. Being in construction, it can be hard to eat decently during the day, but have been bringing my lunch 95% of the time. I allow myself the margin to eat what i want when i want, as long as it is before a certain time of evening. My weight has always fluctuated between winter and summer for obvious reasons. It can be too hot during day to eat, so mainly stay hydrated and eat when i get home. Last thing you want during hot summer days and climbing around in a sauna attic or digging trenches for pipes or UF is with a stomach with food in it lol.

346997909_628983425467324_4120113029600871956_n.jpg

I am seriously considering someone to go through the fair and pick up food for me this year. I haven't had any in over 7 years, and I want some!

Diet...I refuse to use the word anymore. I'm having enough trouble just keeping up with affording food much less dealing with trying for "healthy". I do my best, but it's a challenge in this day and age.
A. do it!
B. You are spot on ,Deb

Much better. I see that several of the diet programs of the past are closing their doors. This new diet drug seems to be what everyone is flocking to, although it was initially meant as a diabetes drug and the demand for scripts has it in short supply. And the cost is just $700 a month! :eek: Nope, I already have a drug that costs that much!
Jim is on Ozempic for his sugar and it is no picnic. The reason I think it helps is that it makes you too sick to eat. He has constant nausia.