The Devil in the Fire

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
22935722-7847319-image-a-33_1578023064848.jpg

The face in the fire: Dairy farmer claims to have spotted the DEVIL lurking in bushfire | Daily Mail Online

From Coast website:

An Australian dairy farmer fighting to save his property from the wildfires that have devastated the country snapped a spooky photo that seems to show a demonic face lingering in the smoke. The unnerving image was reportedly taken by Craig Calvert during a thirteen-hour-long ordeal in which he fended off the inferno as it approached his home. "I'm not really into hokey pokey spooky stuff," he told an Australian media outlet, "but there's a big devil face right in the fire."

The dairy farmer indicated that he has had to keep the fire at bay five times so far and is bracing for an even bigger challenge as the inferno continues to rage near his home. "I'm shaking like a leaf because I know what we're in for," he mused, "it's coming back." While the demonic face found in Calvert's picture is undoubtedly a product of pareidolia, it also serves as something of a haunting symbol for the sheer destruction wrought by the wildfires which have killed 20 people and wiped out half-a-billion animals so far with seemingly no end in sight.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity
While the demonic face found in Calvert's picture is undoubtedly a product of pareidolia,
Thanks Debi,there has been a few different devil face pics in the flames here,is it pareidolia?I think the Earth has had enough and is showing it's vengeful grin.To everyone in the fire's path,just get out of there,you can rebuild if you are still alive,hero's will not survive this time.

How awful! It is so upsetting when fires rage out of control, and the animals and people that are killed are just too sad to contemplate.

They say it's better to die in a house fire as you are usually overcome with smoke,but a bushfire.Luckily atm where I am in Western NSW we have only had spot fires that have been put out quick,but as it is so dry and hot I check the fire warnings before bed as we have had some dry lightening.I've got dog cages on my ute ready to throw the animals in quick.

I think there was a similar image photographed in the smoke from one of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11.

They say it's better to die in a house fire as you are usually overcome with smoke,but a bushfire.Luckily atm where I am in Western NSW we have only had spot fires that have been put out quick,but as it is so dry and hot I check the fire warnings before bed as we have had some dry lightening.I've got dog cages on my ute ready to throw the animals in quick.
When I loved in Florida, we were very close to a big fire that was ripping through Georgia. I can still remember the smell of smoke and the cinders in the air that stung the eyes. Fire is a scary prospect! I am glad that you have a plan!

When I loved in Florida, we were very close to a big fire that was ripping through Georgia. I can still remember the smell of smoke and the cinders in the air that stung the eyes. Fire is a scary prospect! I am glad that you have a plan!
It's been like that here for months with the smoke,it has cleared the last couple of days and was replaced by dry lightening and a dust storm(I best check the top of the fridge) lol.Sorry for laughing but I'll go crazy if I take it too seriously.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Who knows if its really a demon, but it would not surprise me if it was, they definitely are here and are showing themselves, in many different ways.