The Deep Time Cave Experiment

Being claustrophobic, I would have lasted about 10 minutes....lol

The subjects stretched their days out to well over 30 hours. In the prior experiment, I believe the subjects pushed a button when they went to bed, and when they got up. The times were logged automatically without them knowing the real time and day.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Wouldn't a relatively small group of people like this living together in close proximity synch up naturally? You're going to sleep when others sleep because it will be the time with the least noise. If you are one to socialize, you'd have to do that when others are awake.

This endeavor sounds like team building exercises I had to go through at work. The vast majority of people are followers, people who go along to get along. Assuming the fifteen selected for this group were done so randomly, only a couple would have been leaders. While they might not have been issuing orders and directing day-to-day activities, they certainly would have influenced the overall flow of scenario.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
What a horrible way to loose a month of your life. I hope they got a big check. No way would I volunteer for that. Way too much togetherness.

Reactions: Debi