The Dark Entity in my Room. (Help?)

Bright as Luna

Reaction score
My real name is Callum and I'm 18 years old.

This is a thread intended for some advice regarding the occurrences that have been happening.
I have been living in my home for 14 years or so now and have experienced extremely weird phenomenon. When we first moved in, the simple cliche things occurred such as: cupboard doors opening by themselves, lights turning on and off and weird noises such as footsteps: we could even hear voices at night. Due to my family size being quite large, I think it limited the experiences that we had in the house. As my older sisters started to move out, the experiences became more apparent. I could be here for ages talking about everything that has happened so I'll shorten it.

This story here is important as it connects the entirety of the experiences I've had. I'm not saying this story is real or not: but judging from what I've seen - I completely believe it. When my oldest brother was 4, he was listening to his portable radio one night. He said he saw something enter his room. The door was shut but whatever this was, it passed right through it. It was all black, had long hair and a large hat. It approached my brother, stood next his bed and simply said: "SHUSH!" before turning off his radio.

The youngest of my older sisters says she has also seen the dark entity when she was pregnant with my nephew. It would just watch her in random places. She even said it just stood behind the shower curtain when going to the bathroom.

Four years ago, my baby sister Luna passed away. For about a year, I felt nothing but positive energy in the house. In fact, we rarely heard noises in the house at all for that period of time.

But, that's changed.

Last year, my mam and dad were going through tough times and my dad was on the verge of moving out. My first set of on-going experiences started here. I had a dream one night were I was situated in my living room. I could not move and was lying on the floor. This weird distorted figure which resembled my dad walked over to me and just stared at me. That was the entirety of my dream.

The next night, I had the same kind of dream. This went on for the next few nights. Until, I dreamt about the same thing - but it was much more terrifying. Again, I was lying on the floor in my sitting room and again my dad walks over to me. But, instead of standing there, he leaps at me and begins to strangle me continuously. I woke up, drenched in sweat and gasping for air.

The next night, the exact same thing but a different setting. This time. it was in my own bed. The one after that, I was in a dark, blank room. I just couldn't help but not disregard the fact it could be a coincidence that the aggressor in my dreams was my dad just as though my parents were going through their worst times. Of course, I told them about the dreams but obviously there was nothing they could do. They believed me... I think.

The night after, the same dream began. I was in a dark room and could see nothing. My dad did not appear but instead, a tall black figure wearing a top hat walked up to. Despite being in a dark environment, I could clearly see its features. It just stood there until it mumbled something. I say 'something' because I couldn't make it out. It jumped onto me and started to strangle me but it had far more aggression to it. I had no idea how long this went on for. I woke up drenched in sweat and gasping for air yet again. But as I sat up from pillow, I could of sworn I heard my cupboard rattle from the inside.

The next day, my dad moved out of the house...

This continued on for sometime. Repeat: dream, wake up drenched in sweat, noise in cupboard.

But, one day: it just stopped. Yes, seriously.

That is, until last month.

The dream started again, but this time: the entity had bright red eyes and looked far more menacing. It would yell at me in an unknown language and would again strangle me. I woke up dowsed in sweat and was gasping for air. But, the cupboard door didn't rattle this time though: because it was already open. The door remained open because my younger-older brother had recently started sharing a room with me and his chest of drawers were situated in the cupboard, thus, they just stayed open for them to be convenient for him.

This happened for a while. Until, one night I was having trouble sleeping. I was watching YouTube on my phone until I heard shuffling next to me. I gazed up and saw nothing. I resumed watching my video until I heard the same noise next to my cupboard door. I looked up, and I kid you not: I saw it. The hat, long hair, it's physique. I only saw half of its body as the other half wasn't visible behind the half open door. I pulled the blanket over me and remained under the covers for half and hour. I started to see the glare of sunlight out my window and assumed it was okay to look back out of my covers. It wasn't there anymore but I wasn't going to take any chances: I left my bedroom and stayed downstairs. I tried to wake my brother up but he's a lazy shit and didn't even budge. It was the scariest thing I have ever experience in my entire life.

Whatever this thing is, it has been following my family for years. I don't understand why I am now the target. I am fearing for my little sister's safety. She is 9 and even she doesn't want to sleep in her own bedroom because she doesn't like in there some reason. I think I have an idea why that is.

Please, I would really desire some advice and knowledge. I really don't know much about the paranormal or anything. This is my cry for help. Please be as constructive as possible, I really need a heads up. Thanks.

In fact, do any of you have any similar experiences I can relate to?

Thank you again.

P.S: In fact, even when I was writing this, I felt as though I was being watched.​

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi Callum. First let me have you read this.

PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

I'd like you to try using the St. Michael's prayer found there for protection in the home. Now, because of all the children in the household, this could be several different things, including fear energy that has manifested in a type of tulpa. First thing I want you to do is show no fear to it. Yes, I know, easier said than done. But kids in this age group can build up so much fear based energy, it can become a poltergeist. This may be what you have there.

From your language and name I'm guessing you live across the pond in the UK? I'm about to leave for the evening, but I'm sure more will hop on over the night and add on here and I'll check back with you tomorrrow. PLEASE read that link I have there. It will give you a starting point.

Hi. Callum, welcome to the boards. First of all, I find it interesting that your visitor didn't like the radio. Maybe this means that you should play it more, to reclaim your space. These types of things feast on fear, so try not to show it that you are afraid. You have more power than you realize, you must believe this. Try the suggestions in the link Debbie provided, and don't worry, we will help you all that we can. BTW, that St. Michael's prayer is really powerful.

Welcome to the forum Callum. Debi has given you good advice, adding to that, perhaps wearing A blessed medal or cross at night will aide in protection.

Distress in the home such as a death and separation can cause stress related nightmares in anyone but it is possible you have something else going on. You may have created a Tulpa or you have some neg entity attacking you. Others have described seeing a shadow hat man being. Have you been prescribed any medication ? Meds can cause nightmares and effect the brain. Just something to eliminate.

Hi Callum,

From my experience, an aggressive entity needs to be confronted with courage and not fear. Earlier this year I had an entity that hid in the attic and sounded like a full grown man stomping his feet.; this continued for two or three days. When I noticed this entity did not move on, I decided to confront this entity. I declared my authority as a homeowner and told the entity to leave. I went one step further: I told this entity to get out of the attic, quit being a coward, and face me. After I asserted my authority over my life, the commotion ceased.

I have had friendly entities find misplaced objects for me as well. My last physical encounter? I visited my parent's grave and talked about my life. during this experience, something felt like fingers tapping on top of my head. Was I fearful? No.

Keep us posted on your life. Don't panic, and you will be ok. Show no fear. Be at peace my friend.

When I noticed this entity did not move on, I decided to confront this entity. I declared my authority as a homeowner and told the entity to leave. I went one step further: I told this entity to get out of the attic, quit being a coward, and face me. After I asserted my authority over my life, the commotion ceased.
Ribeye, and anyone else using this technique, we do NOT recommend CONFRONTATION or trying to tick off the entities by calling it names or tell it to bring it on for a fight. Absolutely not advice we recommend here. Telling it your boundaries and to leave is as far as we recommend you go without experience.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Bright as Luna, look up The Hat Man and see if it falls in line with some of your experiences. I don’t know if you’re a God fearing man but it sounds like time for some prayer as well.

Last edited: