The Crying Girl

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvc3Bvb2t5LWdyYXZleWFyZDIvODY5MTEyLTEtZW5nLVVTL1Nwb29reS1HcmF2ZXlhcmQuanBn

An eerie mystery has gripped a city in Turkey as an unidentified girl has been spotted crying in an old cemetery for the last five days.

The mystery girl, believed to be in her late teens, was first seen late last week in a graveyard in the Turkish city of Corum by bewildered workers who weren't quite sure what to make of the odd scene.

When the girl subsequently returned over the next four nights, word began to spread throughout the community that something weird was happening at the cemetery.

The strangeness caused such a stir that authorities left a note for the girl on one of the graves, telling her that they can provide her with help if she needs it.

However, the only answer they received was yet another visit to the graveyard the next night where the girl managed to elude police who were patrolling the site.

After that encounter, authorities took things a step further by cordoning off the cemetery in the hopes of catching the girl during her next visit.

In a testament to just how gripping this odd mystery has become to residents of Corum, the stakeout turned into something of a local sensation as around 300 residents showed up to see what might happen.

Alas, it would seem that all of the commotion at the cemetery kept the girl at bay, since there was no sign of her from the many witnesses on hand nor a series of cameras placed in the graveyard by police.

As one can imagine, the creepy nature of the case has led a number of people in the area to suggest that this is no ordinary girl and that, in fact, she is some kind of spirit visiting the cemetery at night.

However, a gravedigger who works at the site had a more skeptical take on the things, musing to the Dogan News Agency, "she is probably a drunk or a drug addict" and groused that the girl is giving the city "a bad name."

While his opinion may be shared by the authorities who have been unable to crack the case, given the excitement the girl has apparently provided to residents, we're guessing that they disagree with the gravedigger.

Source: Daily Sabah

Why would it be strange to have a grieving person in a grave yard even for multiple days?

The article doesn’t make it clear why this is something that unusual or why it is so creepy.

Reactions: 7Critter
Why would it be strange to have a grieving person in a grave yard even for multiple days?

The article doesn’t make it clear why this is something that unusual or why it is so creepy.

" . . .The girl, wearing black clothing and red shoes, came by the grave Tuesday night, but ran away in the dark as the police was trying to catch her. . . "

Perhaps because she is visiting at night. Most living people visit during daylight hours.

Reactions: Lynne and Soul Edge
" . . .The girl, wearing black clothing and red shoes, came by the grave Tuesday night, but ran away in the dark as the police was trying to catch her. . . "

Perhaps because she is visiting at night. Most living people visit during daylight hours.

After reading the story on the website it seems even less unnerving. Though I guess the fact that it was something recurring for a couple of days could have made it seem more attention worthy. In Islamic cultures going to or through a graveyard at night isn’t seen as a big deal. I’ve done it a handful of times myself.

Reactions: Charleh
After reading the story on the website it seems even less unnerving. Though I guess the fact that it was something recurring for a couple of days could have made it seem more attention worthy. In Islamic cultures going to or through a graveyard at night isn’t seen as a big deal. I’ve done it a handful of times myself.
The idea is nobody has died in a cemetery. They usually get buried there. So the residual trauma wouldn’t be in the cemetery but the place of death. Apparently it’s one of the safest places for the zombie apocalypse :D

Reactions: Lynne and Soul Edge