THE CHRISTMAS THREAD!

DCDD88F8-480F-48C2-A37C-3E8634011289.jpeg

This is sort of why I'm taking forever to decorate the tree. I'm waiting for him to get the novelty out of his system. He has already climbed it twice that I know about.:(
Hank Aaron is a pretty easy going guy , and I can't get mad at him.:)

Last few years instead of taking a whole tree, I find a large conifer with low hanging branches. They are shaped just perfectly like flat Christmas trees. So I prop this up: a fine specimen of a branch against the wall and decorate it. It's beautiful; shaped just like a Christmas tree and doesn't take up so much space as one. The tree lives on and I get my green "tree" inside.

Last few years instead of taking a whole tree, I find a large conifer with low hanging branches. They are shaped just perfectly like flat Christmas trees. So I prop this up: a fine specimen of a branch against the wall and decorate it. It's beautiful; shaped just like a Christmas tree and doesn't take up so much space as one. The tree lives on and I get my green "tree" inside.
What a great idea ! I like your thinking and philosophy, Mrs Cooper.

am not a Christmas movie person, but my hubs (of all people!) is. This is him when he sees he can put another one on.

This got me to giggling and then belly laughing... because that is so me, I totally get it. No rhyme or reason just Oh Oh Oh where's my remote!!!

Thanks. As the price of trees kept climbing, poverty was the mother of invention...lol.

A couple of year's ago I was taking a walk down the dirt road right before dusk and passing one of the few house's along that direction my attention was drawn to twinkling lights on what I thought to be a really cool and beautiful Christmas Tree in my neighbors front window. It just glowed and radiated and sparkled so, that I was enchanted. I was so inspired I went to the door to compliment the lady/neighbor on her tree. She started laughing and thanked me and asked if I would like to come in for a closer look. To my amazement the beautiful tree was a fold out aluminum ladder about 6 foot tall that she had strung her lights around and around. She explained that she had not been able to afford a tree this year, so instead of sulking about it she thought "why not"? The aluminum caught and reflected the light's everywhere. It was like standing inside a prism...