The bridge

He didn't get paid for it. In Islam it is prohibited to take payment for religious service.

It was a standard issue lashing knot. We made five turns.

While Shamans don't accept payment for their services they nonetheless more or less make they're living off people that have faith in their abilities and believe in them. They are at some point supported by gifts or donations to their order.

Many years ago when I was doing readings for people I ran into the personal moral dilemma of charging for it. I had a couple of friends that went to psychic fairs and made money doing readings and one also did Kirillian (sp?) photography. One of them was remarkably gifted and like me only better. I do tarot readings but the cards are for show mostly because most of the time I can answer their question without that.

She explained that if I just were to offer them answers off the top of my head and didn't charge them anything for it they would walk away placing no value on what I told them and dissatisfied with my efforts. They need to see me working on it and I used the cards to help me explain what I often had determined almost as soon as they walked up.

If I wanted to use my abilities to help people I needed to make them listen to me and believe in my advice. This didn't make me charlatan; it is just apart of the nature of people. Why do you think that they build churches and cathedrals the way they do? Do you think that what they tell their people has any more value than what some preacher could offer on an open hillside? In nearly ALL faiths there is a SELL involved. The paranormal is no different. I REAL psychic may use a crystal ball but in reality they don't need it and it is just used to sell the reading.

I in no way was questioning or doubting the sincerity or abilities of your Shaman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
While Shamans don't accept payment for their services they nonetheless more or less make they're living off people that have faith in their abilities and believe in them. They are at some point supported by gifts or donations to their order.

Many years ago when I was doing readings for people I ran into the personal moral dilemma of charging for it. I had a couple of friends that went to psychic fairs and made money doing readings and one also did Kirillian (sp?) photography. One of them was remarkably gifted and like me only better. I do tarot readings but the cards are for show mostly because most of the time I can answer their question without that.

She explained that if I just were to offer them answers off the top of my head and didn't charge them anything for it they would walk away placing no value on what I told them and dissatisfied with my efforts. They need to see me working on it and I used the cards to help me explain what I often had determined almost as soon as they walked up. If I wanted to use my abilities to help people I needed to make them listen to me and believe in my advice. This didn't make me charlatan; it is just apart of the nature of people. Why do you think that they build churches and cathedrals the way they do? Do you think that what they tell their people has any more value than what some preacher could offer on an open hillside? In nearly ALL faiths there is a SELL involved. The paranormal is no different.

I in no way was questioning or doubting the sincerity or abilities of your Shaman.

I wasn't under the impression you were. And I understand, people pay as much heed as they pay money.

And he's not a shaman, he's an imam.

He also informed us of a local pond where a person drowns every year. It was used as a place to drop the bodies during the independence war. He's trying to exorcise the place but failing miserably.

He had a lot of stories over diner.

Reactions: Debi
He sounds like he is a lot more than just a regular Imam. He sounds fascinating. I bet he was or would be a very interesting person to just sit and talk with. Whatever it is a great story. thanks for sharing it with us.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi