The Best...

I would have to go with The Stargate series as a whole (SG-1 Atlantis and Universe). The 'Noncanon' original movie is what started it all...though Roland Emmerich does not support the original Showtime series. I also have to mention Firefly. What a great show and movie (Serenity). Most might not like Joss, but he and the creators of SG-1 etc have a way to blend action/drama and comedy well.

I would have to go with The Stargate series as a whole (SG-1 Atlantis and Universe). The 'Noncanon' original movie is what started it all...though Roland Emmerich does not support the original Showtime series. I also have to mention Firefly. What a great show and movie (Serenity). Most might not like Joss, but he and the creators of SG-1 etc have a way to blend action/drama and comedy well.
I'm with you on that, Selectric. For entertainment, you can't beat either of the above, imo.

As for Star Wars, it may have been the biggest lesson on faith in the movie genre. Star Trek was the one that offered lessons on humanity. I still prefer Star Trek over Star Wars simply because of the characters.

i loved firefly and serenity, cool bit of trivia is that the lead character was based loosely off the han solo character and as homage to that, somewhere in every episode is a statue of han frozen in carbonite in the back ground of the ship....i love inside meanings and hidden objects in things, kinda like the superman in every episode of seinfeld or the rubber duck in every ep, of destination fear....just cool little things the people slip in that has some kind of meaning to them.

As for Star Wars, it may have been the biggest lesson on faith in the movie genre.

agree, star wars used many aspects of different beliefs and practices combined into one "zen" type belief system. which in a way was very much ahead of its time

I had a hard time choosing between Stargate SG1, X-Files, and Firefly. I enjoyed Stranger Things, but they keep doing sequels which are getting progressively worse, so there's that.

I loved Stargate because they had some very good stories, and the series held up pretty well until the last season then it took a nosedive when half the cast left. I loved Firefly for the reasons stated by others here, and I was sorry it didn't last longer than it did. And X-Files was also much loved because of how they would always have a "monster of the week" along with other intriguing story lines.

i loved firefly and serenity, cool bit of trivia is that the lead character was based loosely off the han solo character and as homage to that, somewhere in every episode is a statue of han frozen in carbonite in the back ground of the ship....i love inside meanings and hidden objects in things, kinda like the superman in every episode of seinfeld or the rubber duck in every ep, of destination fear....just cool little things the people slip in that has some kind of meaning to them.

agree, star wars used many aspects of different beliefs and practices combined into one "zen" type belief system. which in a way was very much ahead of its time
Paul, that is very interesting! I didn't know that. I am going to look for them now.

Paul, that is very interesting! I didn't know that. I am going to look for them now.
the 2009 star trek and then the follow up, star trek "into darkness" both had a scene with a quick cameo "appearance" of R2D2 also. JJ abrams who directed both was a huge fan of star wars and added the scenes as a hat tip to the star wars universe. R2D2 and C-3PO are the only characters to appear in every starwars film. and now also in 2 star trek films....lol.... hiding images and designs has always been a big thing in art work of all kinds, its good to see that tradition continue.

the 2009 star trek and then the follow up, star trek "into darkness" both had a scene with a quick cameo "appearance" of R2D2 also. JJ abrams who directed both was a huge fan of star wars and added the scenes as a hat tip to the star wars universe. R2D2 and C-3PO are the only characters to appear in every starwars film. and now also in 2 star trek films....lol.... hiding images and designs has always been a big thing in art work of all kinds, its good to see that tradition continue.
also, the star wars prequil episode 2 had the race of aliens from the movie E.T....... which explains the scene in E.T when he sees the yoda costume on halloween night he points and says "Home"....lol

also, the star wars prequil episode 2 had the race of aliens from the movie E.T....... which explains the scene in E.T when he sees the yoda costume on halloween night he points and says "Home"....lol
Did you discover this on your own ? Pretty clever.