the best paranormal show on tv

Well, I ditched my cable and I'm on the antenna now so my favorite paranormal show is when Barney, Andy and Gomer go in the haunted house:

haunted.jpg

Well, I ditched my cable and I'm on the antenna now so my favorite paranormal show is when Barney, Andy and Gomer go in the haunted house:

haunted.jpg
Always voted in the top five episodes in any AGS poll. Also the impetus of the Knotts' "Ghost and Mr Chicken" feature film released a few years after he left the show.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter

haunted.jpg
Hahahaha. !!!!! Love that!!! I will watch immediately

I have said it before, and I will say it again, I am very wary when it comes to TV shows. It is purely entertainment in my eyes, and nothing more.

The issue I have with any type of paranormal show is this;

What is the main driving force to having a TV show of any kind? Financial gain. What drives the success of any show? Ratings. Without ratings, you do not have a show - without a show, you do not get money.

Now, I am not questioning the ethics of the crews or individuals, but you have to acknowledge the simple fact that producers such as Zak, for example, are under pressure to produce content that pulls in ratings. By the very nature of human nature, you have to wonder if everything you see on these shows is actually paranormal or if there is a certain degree of 'Artistic licensing' in some of the things that are depicted on screen.

Yes, the crews capture some good evidence, but sometimes that evidence is just too good to be true, or very coincidental at that specific time - over 20 years in this field has shown me that. Some of the shows you see these days, especially on sites like YouTube, just do not depict true investigations. Yes, I know that hours of recordings are condensed into a 15-minute, or 30-minute show, but really - that much activity? Then why is that location not all over the media making headlines? Why are groups like ASSAP or the SPR not camping on the doorstep?

With some of the 'evidence' caught by some ghosthunters splashed on social media and TV, it makes you wonder how the scientific community could possibly deny the existence of ghosts and other entities.......

Reactions: Duke and Paulm
I have said it before, and I will say it again, I am very wary when it comes to TV shows. It is purely entertainment in my eyes, and nothing more.

What is the main driving force to having a TV show of any kind? Financial gain. What drives the success of any show? Ratings. Without ratings, you do not have a show - without a show, you do not get money.

Now, I am not questioning the ethics of the crews or individuals, but you have to acknowledge the simple fact that producers such as Zak, for example, are under pressure to produce content that pulls in ratings. By the very nature of human nature, you have to wonder if everything you see on these shows is actually paranormal or if there is a certain degree of 'Artistic licensing' in some of the things that are depicted on screen.

Yes, the crews capture some good evidence, but sometimes that evidence is just too good to be true, or very coincidental at that specific time - over 20 years in this field has shown me that. Some of the shows you see these days, especially on sites like YouTube, just do not depict true investigations. Yes, I know that hours of recordings are condensed into a 15-minute, or 30-minute show, but really - that much activity? Then why is that location not all over the media making headlines? Why are groups like ASSAP or the SPR not camping on the doorstep?

With some of the 'evidence' caught by some ghosthunters splashed on social media and TV, it makes you wonder how the scientific community could possibly deny the existence of ghosts and other entities.......
while they are fun to watch i must agree they are purely entertainment. one night in a place is not enough time to get even a hint as to whether that place has activity, but that is the standard they have set up for all the ppl to follow who wish to get involved, (that and all the fancy equipment...lol... if the location owners or whatever didnt have all that equipment, how did they even know it was haunted to begin with??...lol).......maybe not a bad thing in itself, im sure once "in" most groups learn that serious investigators will spend numerous nights and visits to a location. i would think though that if these shows actually caught anything of substance they would expand that show to a three or four part taping to continue to gather as much as possible. but the audience is actually more interested in seeing different locations instead of actual investigations. its more cool to see what is real, (the cool buildings, etc..) than to not see what may not be real.

Reactions: titch2k6 and Duke

When we "investigated" the Mansfield Reformatory a few years ago, I had an opportunity to talk with one of the senior docents while he was outside having a smoke. He wasn't particularly impressed with any of the TV shows that had investigated the prison, and had a few funny stories about individual groups. He said some were easier to work with than others, as you'd expect.

Reactions: titch2k6 and Paulm
Skinwalker Ranch is my favorite. Now, for pure ghost hunters, I would say watch The Holzer Files.
Looking forward to the 2nd series of SR. Never heard of The Holzer Files. Will check them out for sure.

Reactions: Debi

I agree with a lot of your points. I certainly don’t watch for anything other than entertainment.