The Best Gift you ever got from a friend

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Besides your children and grandchildren, and the precious stuff they've made or given you, what was the best gift you ever got from a non-family member? Who surprised you with something special that took you by surprise and totally made your day?

If you have more than one, that's OK. Tell us about it!

Reactions: Grinchesbro
For Christmas this year a friend gave me a hand blown bottle. It was small to be worn as a necklace. It has A tiny cork and was filled with essential oils. Very original and personal

I have received two gifts from friends that had great impacts on me. One was because of the simplicity of it...I was not taking time for myself, so a friend of mine made me the special gift of a "care" basket. It was a basket containing a simple trinket box, a pair of new socks, lotion, a cup with instant coco in it, and an Amazon gift card with instructions to use it to buy power ups for my Angry Birds. It was just out of the blue and for no special reason, which made it that much better.

The other gift was also totally unexpected. A member here happened to know of an emergency I had last year. I received a call from him at midnight, telling me to go the next morning to pick up a monetary gift from Western Union to help get through that emergency. I was overwhelmed, because the need was great, and I had no idea how I was going to get through it. I will be forever grateful to that particular angel, and it made a huge difference in the outcome of that emergency situation.

One of the best gifts you can get are in the form of kind words ,and I have received that gift from this very forum many times.
Grinch, you often humble me with your astute and spiritual observations. YOU, my friend, ARE a gift.
I believe that there are many members on this forum who are gifts to us all. We should be thankful that Debi and SeaHunter picked up this forum and allow us to share our wisdom and spiritual thoughts with others.

On the material side, a friend gave me a car. It had sat in his garage unused for three years. I had to tinker, drain the old gas and put in new gas, and after some work, drove it out of his garage. I drove that car for ten more years. This gift came at a time when I was down on my luck and broke. I thank my friend, who I only see in emails now at every opportunity for his kindness.