The best boot knives worth carrying

I still have my 'Explorer' boot knife. Bought that many years ago. Decent knife.

Reactions: Paintman
i have a 35 year old gerber boot knife, a cold steel boot knife (non dagger style, dont care much for those), and a couple of neck knives for when not wearing boots...lol............ and waaaaaayyyyy too many other knives ive aquired over the years. cold steel has been my go to knife brand the past few years, very reasonable pricing and good overall quality

I do have a double edged dagger style boot knife but it's pretty awkward to wear and hard to get to when wearing jeans.

However, I did get myself a pair of combat style boots that have a zipper on the inner leg side for easy on and off and a built-in pocket on the outer leg side for a small folding knife. The pockets aren't that big, about the size of that little 5th pocket on a pair of jeans, but many of my pocket knives fit in just fine.

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
I saw a movie the other night with Dennis Quaid from the late 90s called Switchback.
Danny Glover has the ultimate boot knife. Really good movie to.

Serrated or no serrations ?
20220415_095836.jpg
CRKT folder
Ontario RAT 3
And my Gerber Army knife.

ESSE makes a serrated RAT 4. That could be a great EDC for my daily needs. And kind of take the place of all three of these knives.

Yesterday I was talking to the manager of the dollar store and he showed me his knife and he made the scales for it. Beautiful workmanship and great wood. If I ever break down and buy the RAT 4, may as well go all the way and have him do the scales.

I like a little serration because I cut vines & rope.

Reactions: Paulm