The basement is weird

Tiiny

Reaction score
Figured I'd throw on the old prosthetic leg and make my way down into the basement to finally get off my duff and organize things and throw out what's not needed anymore. I'm generally used to paying attention to things in my peripheral vision. Got about half of the boxes sorted through and organized when I started noticing a shadowy figure in the freshly cleared corner wearing a hat just standing there.

Knowing stores of shadow people I just kept doing my organization and keeping it in the corner of my eye. Didn't seem to move any, was just standing there like it was observing. When I finished clearing things out this morning I made one final look around and the figure was no longer to be seen, not even in my peripheral vision.

It stayed there so long as I didn't look at it directly and it took me a while to finish up down there. Seems the stories are true, they disappear the moment you look at them. Never saw anything like that until this morning. No feelings of dread nor fear, just the usual, "Ugh, this has got to be done so let's just get it over with".

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't idly talking to it in a completely one sided conversation. I didn't get any response from it, not even a budge from its position. I was telling it about some of the misc junk I've collected, where I got it, why I originally had it, and that sort of thing. Like I had a little cleaning buddy.

These shadow people really seem to be interested in what we’re doing. They are really strange phenomenon for sure. The one with the hat seems to get around. Makes ya wonder if it’s a rank or uniform, or the same entity! What is their job ? Are they guarding portals ? So many questions about these beings. I’m glad you weren’t scared. Stay safe in the basement.

Reactions: 7Critter
These shadow people really seem to be interested in what we’re doing. They are really strange phenomenon for sure. The one with the hat seems to get around. Makes ya wonder if it’s a rank or uniform, or the same entity! What is their job ? Are they guarding portals ? So many questions about these beings. I’m glad you weren’t scared. Stay safe in the basement.
I honestly don't see what's so terrifying about them. I think it's just the whole unknown factor that causes so many people dread and terror, my whole shtick is if it's not trying to actively hurt me, just keep watch of it how you can and continue about your business as per usual. It was the first shadow person I've seen ever and it just happened to have what I could best describe as a most likely being a stetson.

I didn't get any sort of response out of it, it would have been interesting though. If it started talking to me, I don't think I'd have asked it very many questions other than possibly "What do you call yourself?" and "Where are you from?" So long as it's just hanging out with my junk in the basement I'm fine with it.

Apparently my roommate from the city has been seeing it quite a bit after he moved in. He said that it's always either in the basement or by the basement door which is why he asks me to go into the basement for him instead of doing it himself. He's terrified of it. This is the same guy that also woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me "Hey there's some blair witch project type **** going on outside" so I groggily get dressed and walk right outside and low and behold what do I see? Nothing.

He's always freaked out about something. Calls me by this nickname he's given me like "Ana I" so he's like "There's a shadow at the basement door Ana I" never saw it until recent. "There's a skinwalker in the front yard Ana I". So the one time I see what he's talking about.

Now that I"m thinking about it I'm wondering if the skinwalker he's claimed to have seen the last several times was true too and not just a figment of his imagination. Also got to see if I can figure out what "Ana I" means, must be Navajo for something.

Just asked the roommate what Ana I means. It's Navajo for "Alien" apparently because I "have to be an alien if I can have the testicular fortitude to walk right into the woods at night without a light looking for skinwalkers and stuff". So that explains that mystery.

Reactions: Lynne