The American Bestiary: The Most Famous Mythical Creature of Every US State, Illustrated

I've seen this before and I still say Indiana is wrong! lol Hoosiers have not heard of this Beast of Busco, which happened to end up being a turtle anyway! I want a better beast.

th.jpeg

This looks like a complete list

The Texas chupacabra isn't a mythical beast. It is a more or less known animal that they have several bodies of. Genetically it is a Texas coyote/North Mexican Wolf hybrid that has a mutation that has led to it being basically hairless and seriously ugly. Some thought at first that it just had the mange but it also has growths on it that seem to be part of a deformity that is also associated with its lack of hair. Another thing that makes them look strange is their startlingly pretty blue eyes. This comes from the North Mexican Wolf that shows in their DNA.
slide_314083_2828968_free.jpg

Instead of the Texas Chubacabrathey should have picked the Lake Worth Monster or the Texas Big Bird. We also have a native tribe of sasquatches.

That Beast of Busco looks exactly like an Aligator snapping turtle. They actually DO exist and grow to a monstrous size. I caught a little one a few weeks ago and it was still almost 2 feet long just in the shell. They actually can grow to hundreds of pounds and almost as big as the hood of a compact car.

You have some scary looking animals over there.That thing looks like it would eat your kids ( suppose our dingo's aren't real great either in that department)but hats off to the coyote game enough to mate with a wolf.

Anyone send this list to JK Rowling so she can properly include a few of these in the Fantastic Beasts series?

I've noticed a trend in the list of most of them being some sort of derivation on Big Foot.