The airplane and the UFO...

ThunderAngel

Reaction score
A little more than a year ago my friend and I were outside around 11:00 pm looking at the stars. I'm not sure who saw it first, but both of us watched silently as something faintly appeared in the sky and moved toward a small cloud.

At the same moment, an airplane was coming toward the cloud from a perpendicular angle. The object we saw without saying anything vanished into the cloud as the plane neared the same position. Once the plane entered and passed through the cloud, or flew over it, the strange object exited the cloud the way it came and flew back along the path it took to get to the cloud; it was at that point that I spoke up and asked my friend if she saw what I saw, and she confirmed it.

We both interpreted the sighting to mean that the object entered the cloud to avoid the plane either spotting or chasing it, and once the plane passed through or over the cloud, the object retreated the way it came.

Whatever it was that we saw; it was a display of intelligence. The object was dim, but it had no flashing lights of any kind; and it actively avoided the airplane that was in its general vicinity.

What can you tell us about the airplane? Where did this occur?

Reactions: ThunderAngel
A little more than a year ago my friend and I were outside around 11:00 pm looking at the stars. I'm not sure who saw it first, but both of us watched silently as something faintly appeared in the sky and moved toward a small cloud.

At the same moment, an airplane was coming toward the cloud from a perpendicular angle. The object we saw without saying anything vanished into the cloud as the plane neared the same position. Once the plane entered and passed through the cloud, or flew over it, the strange object exited the cloud the way it came and flew back along the path it took to get to the cloud; it was at that point that I spoke up and asked my friend if she saw what I saw, and she confirmed it.

We both interpreted the sighting to mean that the object entered the cloud to avoid the plane either spotting or chasing it, and once the plane passed through or over the cloud, the object retreated the way it came.

Whatever it was that we saw; it was a display of intelligence. The object was dim, but it had no flashing lights of any kind; and it actively avoided the airplane that was in its general vicinity.
Welcome to the forum. A few more questions for you. What was the shape of the object? How fast was it moving? How high in the sky would you estimate this to have occured?

Reactions: ThunderAngel

seems like some clouds ain't clouds

What can you tell us about the airplane? Where did this occur?

The airplane seemed fairly standard; it didn't appear to be anything special. It occurred over North Carolina.

Welcome to the forum. A few more questions for you. What was the shape of the object? How fast was it moving? How high in the sky would you estimate this to have occured?

Thank you. :)

As far as my friend and I could tell, the object appeared to be spherical, but it was so high up that we might have misinterpreted its shape. It had a consistent light or shine to it; there was nothing flashing on it or anything like that. It seemed to move faster than the plane, but once it entered the cloud it did not emerge on the other side, rather it exited the cloud the way it came after the plane had moved through or over the cloud; that was the most shocking thing about the sighting to us; it displayed intelligence and strategy.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
The airplane seemed fairly standard; it didn't appear to be anything special. It occurred over North Carolina.

Was it a military aircraft? Jet or propeller? Single or multi-engine? Can you be more specific as to location? Have you checked the NUFORC data base to see if anyone else saw the same encounter?

I don't think it was a military airplane, no. It was kind of small, that's the only thing about it that I can describe. It was over the Appalachians, somewhere above Buncombe county I think. I have not checked any online database yet to see if anyone else saw it; I might have to check it out.

ndxLocOut

Here's a link to NUFORC's chronological report page for North Carolina if you'd like to see if anyone reported something similar to your sighting. You might also consider filing a report with NUFORC, you can do so anonymously if you wish.