News The $500 shower

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Reactions: sal
Who's going to monitor Jerry Brown's water usage? I suppose he's going to be on the honor system.

thshowerCA1HHELX.gif

OK, folks. Just HOW are they going to monitor this? I'm assuming water usage? Or is that just too simple for them and will they want shower cams? :confused:

OK, folks. Just HOW are they going to monitor this? I'm assuming water usage? Or is that just too simple for them and will they want shower cams? :confused:
My guess is they create a new bureaucracy to handle it. Think of how many jobs could be created for illegals if each household in California had a personal water monitor to run a stop watch during showers!

Reactions: Debi
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...-use-new-tool-in-fight-against-water-wasters/

And here's the answer! Remember when they claimed the smart meters would never be used to monitor anything? HA! Looks like they are able to get info every 5 minutes about your water use.
From the article:
“It collects the data every five minutes, then after midnight, the cellphone that’s built in here comes on, makes one call, and calls it in to the database that we and the customer, through a password security system, have online access to their consumption,” Wattier said.

“The accuracy is just incredible, because we get thedata the next day.”

Using this data, Wattier knew the precise moment to send his employees to videotape the infractions to use as evidence.

“We are using it specifically for an enforcement tool to go after those customers who we’ve gotten lots of complaints about,” Wattier said.

Wattier says he believes the smart meter will be used in both businesses and homes to track water waste across Southern California.

I was listening to KFI and they were saying how 4 water bottling companies take their water from California to take to other states as bottled water. Why are they allowed to do that?

Online Petition Calls Out Nestlé For Bottling California’s Water, Selling It For Profit During Drought

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...s-water-selling-it-for-profit-during-drought/

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS)— An online petition is circulating by a non-profit organization urging California regulators to put an end to food and beverage companies from bottling the state’s water supply and selling it for profit during the historic drought.

I was listening to KFI and they were saying how 4 water bottling companies take their water from California to take to other states as bottled water. Why are they allowed to do that?

Online Petition Calls Out Nestlé For Bottling California’s Water, Selling It For Profit During Drought

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...s-water-selling-it-for-profit-during-drought/

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS)— An online petition is circulating by a non-profit organization urging California regulators to put an end to food and beverage companies from bottling the state’s water supply and selling it for profit during the historic drought.
OK, Nekki...from what I've read, they are giving the priority to the companies "who make work for the poor people of our state". Read that as those illegals who they want to have jobs so the can bus them in to vote someday. :mad: So, it's let them work and the rest of you can buy the bottled water at inflated prices cuz we're not letting you get it from your taps.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...-use-new-tool-in-fight-against-water-wasters/

And here's the answer! Remember when they claimed the smart meters would never be used to monitor anything? HA! Looks like they are able to get info every 5 minutes about your water use.
From the article:
“It collects the data every five minutes, then after midnight, the cellphone that’s built in here comes on, makes one call, and calls it in to the database that we and the customer, through a password security system, have online access to their consumption,” Wattier said.

“The accuracy is just incredible, because we get thedata the next day.”

Using this data, Wattier knew the precise moment to send his employees to videotape the infractions to use as evidence.

“We are using it specifically for an enforcement tool to go after those customers who we’ve gotten lots of complaints about,” Wattier said.

Wattier says he believes the smart meter will be used in both businesses and homes to track water waste across Southern California.
This is exactly why I never intend to have one of these things attached to my house. Anyone who ever believed the "we won't monitor your usage" line was naive. History proves that if a technology has the ability to be abused, it will be abused. It's the same with the smart TVs today... as soon as a justifiable reason can be found, you can bet those eyes and ears will be on all the time, and by then you won't be able to buy a TV without monitoring capability.

I saw a story yesterday that Roku is now coming with voice search. Are people truly so lazy now? And on top of that, they won't reveal who they are partnered with re: turning your spoken words into useable info for the Roku.

From their FAQ page:

Who is the vendor Roku is using for voice search technology?
Roku is not able to disclose the vendor that is providing voice recognition technology at this time. In any case, Roku’s Privacy Policy governs the collection and use of voice data, rather than the vendor’s terms of service and privacy policy, which are not applicable to Roku device end users.